MEETUP: DragonCon (Atlanta)

Vyse of Arcadia

Hey, guys! A couple of us were talking on IRC about how awesome it would be to have a meetup at this year's Dragon*Con. For those of you who are too lazy to click links, Dragon*Con is a large(spans 3 hotels) sci-fi/fantasy/general nerdery convention held in downtown Atlanta, Georgia every Labor Day weekend (September 4 - September 7 this year.)

I'm not exactly the most active member of the community, but I'm more than willing to organize a meetup at Dragon*Con, not that I imagine it takes terribly much organization.

Who's interested?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a four-day weekend then. I am considering hitting N GA for some hiking/camping, so I could spend part/most of Fri doing this convention thing (whatever that entails, never been) as a pit stop.

Put me down like Oasis.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, DragonCon is rather a cut above any other convention. It's definitely run far, far better than any other convention I've been to (the possible exception is MAGFest, but the two are so different in size and style that you can't really compare).

Had there been a meetup last year, I would've gone. But, unfortunately I don't think I'll be going this year... KF

Another forum I post at is having a meet up there, and I can't do that either. I already do New York ComicCon, Ubercon, AWP, and when no one else from my magazine can cover it, NYAnimeFest/Big Apple Con.

DragonCon sounds pretty big and all, it's just too far a commute and too much time off.

Good luck though, hope your meet up is worth the time to organize.

• 3 weeks later...