OCR00232 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "2001 Elastic New Year"

m68030

• 1 month later...

hehe, and I'm listening to it right now with headphones....:lol:

But seriously, this is my favorite mix from this game...I love it! So much going on, and the beats are nice, uptempo, and happy....I'm very pleased with this. (Besides the fact that OWWWW! Now it's getting to my ears) ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Since the squealy moments were apparently something you had full control over (as though it were a knob you twiddled) it's frustrating that you kept choosing to throw it so high up there. But then again hindsight is 20/20 right... I have things I hate about everything I mixed. I'll stop picking on that particular issue, everybody else already did.

Great mix, very flavourful. I'm suprised I didn't hang on to it at first.

Yummy, thanks DJP.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love this song.

And yes, it is a tad painful with headphones, and results in people giving me strange stares (I have yet to see it, but I know they must, I know they must!); but still, this is one of the most fun songs available on this site.

It's this fascinating attitude that the song takes, that makes it one of the few songs that I regularly use to try to explain to friends and family why I enjoy this site so much.

David, thank you for the wonderful music!

-Austin Spafford

• 2 months later...

I keep misreading the title as "EcstaticNewYear". Sounds like someone's extremely happy and is overshooting the notes they're playing, or something to that effect. But why not be happy, playing a song like this?

First time I listened to this, I had headphones on, and my ears split. XD But now I'm used to it. Good thing or bad thing? I dunno. No high-pitched squealing is going to stop me from listening to this mix, though. It's awesome, and I agree with everyone else--definitely a fun song. Great job!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I downloaded this mix back in 2003, when I first discovered about ocremix. Well I had the time of 4 years to think about a review ^.^ Well here I go:

I can remember I didn't listen to it much back then, but nowadays I do. This song makes me moving, whistling and singing and Im not even joking. For example, Im listening to the song at this very moment while writing this and I often just hit wrong letters! Seriously, it's amazing!

This song makes you addicted to it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This music is basically what I think is going on inside the brain of a hyperactive child who just took a big hit of post-mix cordial. It bursts with sound and colour. A massive sugar rush; not sacchrine, but brimming with crazy energy (and carbs).

The source is classic Kondo, which gives me immense joy. Couple that with this superfun take on it, and it results in one of my favourite mixes. I've listened to this many a time, and still find the urge to punish my ears again and again. My eardrums are completely caloused thanks to this mix. Thanks pretzel. Here's to premature deafness.

• 1 year later...

Haha, I'm so glad I looked at the reviews before playing this. No ear blasting for me! :razz: Loving the beats there DJP, like a good ol' party filled with happiness. It does sound like a hyperactive verison of the gardens, and it's a good mood pick me up after a long day. Nice stuff!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00232 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "2001 Elastic New Year"