Another SMB Remix! Yay!

Okay, basically this was just an experiment however I guess I've kinda grown attached to it now... Anyway, completely stuck with where to go next and whether or not it's actually worth perusing further (once you've listened to a piece enough it just sounds right, which is damn annoying).

No point in putting any source:

Here it is.

EDIT- Oh yeah, it's not actually finished, it loops- that was just so it didn't cut off abruptly. It's not meant to end there just in case you were wondering.

Okay, basically this was just an experiment however I guess I've kinda grown attached to it now... Anyway, completely stuck with where to go next and whether or not it's actually worth perusing further (once you've listened to a piece enough it just sounds right, which is damn annoying).

No point in putting any source:

Here it is.

EDIT- Oh yeah, it's not actually finished, it loops- that was just so it didn't cut off abruptly. It's not meant to end there just in case you were wondering.

I personally don't like the sounds. It's NES synths and then a Marimba jumps in.

And it's the same thing over and over, until you add the Underground theme, which was a nice touch.

I personally don't like the sounds. It's NES synths and then a Marimba jumps in.

And it's the same thing over and over, until you add the Underground theme, which was a nice touch.

Yeah, the reason it was experimental was because all the samples are from Mario games (bar the organ- hah punny). Also, thought I'd just add that the underground theme is playing all the time in the bass- albeit a loosely interpreted one. ^^

Yeah, the reason it was experimental was because all the samples are from Mario games (bar the organ- hah punny). Also, thought I'd just add that the underground theme is playing all the time in the bass- albeit a loosely interpreted one. ^^

Oh that was stupid of me. My speakers are pretty crappy so I only use them when listening to stuff with bass in it... I was using my laptop speakers...

Also, the samples you are using are bad quality... you should get better samples because those buildup transitions you use clip like insanely.

Also, the samples you are using are bad quality... you should get better samples because those buildup transitions you use clip like insanely.

It's intentional, like I said before, the samples are all SNES and NES samples- hence the experimentation of the piece. It's not that it clips, it's the quality of the SNES. ^^

EDIT- Sorry, I should've really explained that from the start. I guess to someone who doesn't recognise the instruments from the SNES games it just sounds poor quality!

Something weird with the link. A little bit of work with other mediafire links got me this, which works.

I like it. This is the kind of chip/lofi stuff that could get on ocr, given the necessary fixes and additional writing. It's not without its problems, tho:

Around 1:08 you got an e- piano coming that sounds terrible detuned and sometimes clashing. You should also go over the organ and clean up any clashes with it. 1:44 comes in way too abruptly.

it also needs a bigger ending, even for a short piece like this... I dunno how long you're aiming to make it but if you make it much longer you're probably gonna run into problems with keeping it interesting. Lofi can only go so far.

Also, there's very little clipping in this. Zooming in on the waves reveal it does hit the ceiling, you should probably drop it a little, Proto. The samples themselves don't clip, they're just distorted. neblix, you could load it up in Audacity or another audio editor and have a look. :D

Something weird with the link. A little bit of work with other mediafire links got me this, which works.

I like it. This is the kind of chip/lofi stuff that could get on ocr, given the necessary fixes and additional writing. It's not without its problems, tho:

Around 1:08 you got an e- piano coming that sounds terrible detuned and sometimes clashing. You should also go over the organ and clean up any clashes with it. 1:44 comes in way too abruptly.

it also needs a bigger ending, even for a short piece like this... I dunno how long you're aiming to make it but if you make it much longer you're probably gonna run into problems with keeping it interesting. Lofi can only go so far.

Also, there's very little clipping in this. Zooming in on the waves reveal it does hit the ceiling, you should probably drop it a little, Proto. The samples themselves don't clip, they're just distorted. neblix, you could load it up in Audacity or another audio editor and have a look. :D

Well yeah I didn't really know a better word for it.

I really like where this is going, but I don't think the steel drum sample, as nostalgic as it is, is strong enough to carry the mix. The background blips and bleeps sound great, but I think you should either tweak your lead sample or find an alternative one. Great stuff so far.