OCR01860 - Little Nemo "Sunshine Through My Window"

djpretzel

I got pretty excited when I saw Dream Master on the front page, definitely a game I remember fondly. I was slightly disappointed when I saw that the mix was of the ending song (which I don't remember) as opposed to one of the stage songs, which I think I would have remembered better, but the way it turns out, I had nothing to worry about.

This is one of those peaceful, listen to it anytime you want to relax type tracks, and I'm really happy to add it to my roster, despite the fact that I still don't remember what the original sounded like. Probably time to look into that...

Keep up the great work, and I hope to hear more soon!

Beautiful track, I love this light jazzy style, and added to a great source track, you have a winner. :-)

Great progression and some classy modulations; this really gives a great feeling, and it's varied enough that six listens later i'm still finding new things that impress me. I love the little syncopated parts in the middle section.

Drums still seem to be a little loud, but everything else is really nicely balanced, and the flow of the track is good too.

Excellent work, I can't wait to hear what you've got coming up next. :-)

Nice and smooth - this song makes me feel good. I dig pretty much everything about it. Highlights for me are the nice bass groove you've got going and the arrangement in general. I'm not too familiar with the source material but you've definitely got an excellent piece here. Keep it up - I want to hear more!

Yay! It's about damn time my friend!

I remember the WIP of this from back in the day (and the many many others), you really followed up with some of the things I think I asked for - and then some.

Real chill, as always. Really glad your music gets to be heard :J

Congrats bud!

As for the song, really like the drumwork, of course I'm a huge fan of the EP and rhodes, as well as your padwork, awesome. Like the changeup at around 3:00 as well, dream-like.

Really melodic and bubbly mix, it definitely makes me happy to listen to :)

I can't be the only one to have drawn the connection between this remix and the Rainbow Road song from Mario Kart Wii at certain parts, though. I asked my girlfriend about it and she immediately drew the connection to Rainbow Road, too. Of course, I've been playing that game all day so it might just be stuck in my head :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbm_v9DHpI

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to get a mix posted for a long time, so all the "about times" I've been reading are pretty legit ;) Thanks a lot you guys, for all the support given over the years (especially you, Monobrow). The motivation to get on OCR was the sole thing driving my musical evolution in the past, so I'm feelin' pretty good right now!

I was actually shocked to see this posted. There was a minor clipping issue that I was helpless to solve since I lost my samples after making this song, and it was the one stipulation the judges gave along with it's acceptance. I told them It probably wouldn't get fixed for obvious reasons, so I really had no idea what they intended to do. And then I checked the site today...

@prophet

Couldn't really tell ya exactly what I used in the intro pad's. It was a combination of a few simple pads, with most of the flourishes hand programmed from other samples. Glad everyone liked it though!

Very cute! I'm smiling while I write this, because you can't help but be in a good mood when you listen to this. A very apt title, too.

The transition from the almost-ominous part back to the happy world is a little bit awkward. In fact, I'm a little put off by the ominous part to begin with, but I can see why you would include it.

Aside from that, bubbly fun!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Extremely light-hearted mix pronounciating an extremely light-hearted source. This is essentially a modernized lullaby, which actually brings me to call out the drums used in here. They are perhaps a little too harshly suited to what this is; sweet, dreamy lounge jazz. For me, it creates a lot of tension inside what would have otherwise been an extremely chill flow.

Other than the drums, there's fine instrumentation and a nice approach to spacial arrangement, but I can't help but be disappointed that it goes against the lullaby vibe considerably by being harder hitting than it probably had any right to be. Also, it's not the most melodic, catchy or interesting of sources, but it's not without its charm either.

Regardless, this is about as innocent and light as things get around here, so I'd recommend it if the sweet side of OCR is your thing. I don't know if I'd ever chill to it, but I certainly have no qualms about listening to it whilst playing TF2.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01860 - Little Nemo "Sunshine Through My Window"