OCR01102 - Marble Madness "Marble Dancefloor"

djpretzel

WOW!!!!!!!!! Man does Marble Madness had GREAT music!!!!!!!! I'm SO happy someone made a remix!!! You should also remix the first stage music!!!!! If you ever heard the song Zombie Nation... don't you find (I SURE do) there's a huge part that sound a LOT like that marble madness first stage song??? maybe i'm just crazy... or its just that it's the same sound patch...

anyway GREAT retro-mix!!! love to hear more from you (and this game!!!)

Anyone who mixes Marble Madness is OK with me, even if it sucks. This clearly does not suck. I like the general beat, and I like electronic music (second electronic one from this game), but after a while it gets a bit repetitive for me. I think it would make decent driving music though.

And I guess the fade out of the melody is appropriate for this style, but I always crave more resolution.

Absolutely and instantly 4 stars out of 4. This is a very fun and nostalgic mix. Not nostalgia for Marble Madness, but for another old PC puzzle game called Supaplex. This remix may be of different material, but is has the same progression as the main theme to Supaplex, which was thoroughly enjoyable in an old 8/16-bit sound kinda way.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have already posted my thoughts of this song, but I really wanted to say again that this song is damn awesome. Will more then likely be a staple in my winamp list along side gemini salsa.

Granted I keep picturing some high class, after hours/underground dirty dancing type of club every time I listen to this song now... Should I be worried? 8O

• 4 months later...

Oh man, this is good. It's the best remix from Marble Madness I ever heard, but that's logical because I only found 4 remixes (the 2 here, one WIP at vgmix and one in the list by Saunders) from the game. I think it's time to create more remixes from Marble Madness. The song doesn't start very well, but it's getting better when the first minute has passed. I'm going to like it more and more and the nice tune close by the end is wonderfull.

Good song, great job.

• 3 months later...

Funky is one word to describe this remix. Original also comes to mind. Repetitive? Yes, but joyfully so. This remix hits me with a fresh, sound, a modern mix of of techno sounds and good ol' fashion groove. The break at about 2:20 was unexpected..but builds back into the main groove and theme in such a fun way that I can't hold it against the remix as a whole. Sometime I play this bad boy several times in a row..increasing the volume everytime. One day neighbors and co-renters will murder me in my sleep because of it...but it will have been worth it.

• 3 months later...

HA! I go to be honest with you, djpretzel. When I listened this mix in my headphone, in 02:44, I thought that my home phone ringed: Trrim-trrim. But was this mix! This mix deceived me! :P

Okay, I think that this is the second Stage from Marble Madness. Nostalgic game! I liked the electronic/exotic style of this mix. This deserves a compliment...good work!

Basically a combination of disco/electro/funk. While some people will love this, others won't care for it.

As for myself, when this was posted a looong way back, I didn't like it initially. But when I listened to it more, it grew on me a lot, and I'm just now writing a review of it. I see the judges were also split on it. Good stuff though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01102 - Marble Madness "Marble Dancefloor"