OCR01861 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Sacred Flute"

djpretzel

been wondering whatever happened to this mix when i heard it on the wips forum. the arrangement is fantastic, and the production is pretty solid. has a nice melody to it, havn't heard mixes like this for a long while. congrats on making oc artist, its indeed a very promising start. I'll be looking forward to your future submissions. =]

Oh, this mix is absolutely amazing. When it re-climaxed at around 1:21, I just started subconciously grooving with the song. And I simply love the way the flute was done.

The only thing that felt off is the violin section from 2:07 thru 2:37. Something about the violin itself sounded a little off, but combined with the rest of the song was just fine.

At 2:22 thru 2:30, the violin sounded a little too loud and didn't give off as much UMPH as I think Blue.Nocturne intended (or rather as much UMPH as I expected).

HOWEVER! This is still a very good mix and is going in my hard drive this very instant.

Wow, I must have played this song 10 times already and I've had it less than a day. This was a very nice surprise, as soon as I saw that this was a mix of the flute theme I knew great things were to come.

I am absolutely loving the intro, I could probably listen to an entire song like that. Once the song "really starts" it reminds me a lot of an airship travel song, which, if you think about it, is appropriate since the bird the flute summons is about as close as you get to an airship in ALttP.

This song conveys a real sense of flying to me, and definitely reminds me of when you first encounter the flute boy with all the birds and animals surrounding him. This mix has also made me remember how much I enjoy the flute in general, very beautiful when done right.

Great idea, great execution, great mix!

I managed to find the midi of this on VGMusic earlier this week, and through googling I found that Blue.Nocturne had submitted it to OCR as well. I emailed him for the mix as I found it in the approved-but-not-yet-posted-queue... it makes me glad to see it here so soon after receiving it through email.

I love the arrangement, it's extremely good and sounds awesome even with regular midi samples - before getting the mp3 I made an mp3 of the midi so I could put it on my mp3 player...

Not to be that guy, but, while I enjoyed the song, I think the drumming was absolutely out of place. It sounds like you just took a perfect song, and without any editting, added a simple FPC from FL Studio, and finished it. Maybe it bugs me because I pay more attention to percussion, but it definitely sounds out of place and needs improvement.

Besides being a lame pessimist, the rest of the song sounds great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01861 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Sacred Flute"