OCR01861 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Sacred Flute"

djpretzel

There's not much subtlety to the arrangement here - everything feels like it's up front-and-center. However, the arrangement makes that approach feel almost appropriate. Despite the somewhat-weak samples, especially on the guitar, I really enjoyed what you did with this short theme, it's very quaint and reminds me of something out of Banjo-Kazooie in terms of how uplifting it can be.

Nice debut mix, I still enjoyed it despite the weakness in some areas :-D You can only go up from here, so make it happen! :-)

• 2 months later...

Hmm....kinda cool. For a track that was more like a seven second sound effect rather than a real song, this looks like you fleshed it out and gave it some beautiful sounding life. The guitar does sound a little ehhh *wiggles hand*, but all in all, the pros outweight the cons. Very nice.

• 8 months later...

At risk of sounding heretical, this reminds me of MapleStory, with the drumset + woodwind combination and all. And as strange as it sounds, MapleStory is one of the games which induces the most nostalgia in me. So it's actually a really good thing.

It's some kind of contradiction in me, but this arrangement was so uplifting to the extent of almost moving me to tears. I've no idea how to explain it, I don't want to try to explain it, I just want to sit back and listen while I revel in catharsis.

So I just wanted to say, great job, absolutely amazing arrangement.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
At risk of sounding heretical, this reminds me of MapleStory, with the drumset + woodwind combination and all. And as strange as it sounds, MapleStory is one of the games which induces the most nostalgia in me. So it's actually a really good thing.

It's some kind of contradiction in me, but this arrangement was so uplifting to the extent of almost moving me to tears. I've no idea how to explain it, I don't want to try to explain it, I just want to sit back and listen while I revel in catharsis.

So I just wanted to say, great job, absolutely amazing arrangement.

No, I too hear the Maplestory vibe, and I too enjoy that. We need more Maplestory mixes. But that's beside the point.

This track is just... wow. Yes, the samples are a little lacking, especially in the drums and guitar. But damn, the arrangement ties every little piece together really well, so the quality of the samples doesn't matter, at least, not to my ears. Flute boy's got some brilliant help from the Nocturne, it would seem.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01861 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Sacred Flute"