OCR01103 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Within the Fable"

djpretzel

• 6 months later...

oh jes so byootiful iss dis song iss so good to me. i love it like de trees. i wish it were a popsickle so i cood eat it up. i love it and i also love gazelles but das different story. dis song iss so good to me and to you. sing it loud and proud and full of shoud. oh jes i sing it in de noontime and in de evening time even though you can't sing it oh jes i love it...

• 2 months later...

Percussion is a little on the loud side but the other instruments are good. Pace and volume should have varied a bit more.

The original song was one of those "blew me away by SNES standards" type especially since it was done in conjunction with the only ridiculously hard boss in the game...this one maintains all of its keys and other necessities but has a few weaknesses. B+

• 2 years later...

I'm not a nazi of perfection, so I sometimes think that a mix's technical flaws benefit it a lot. There is something about the shrill and unnatural sound of the woodwind that I think gives the mix a signature that wouldn't be present otherwise. That I like.

This is a case of a mix having an artistic reaction that is probably outside of the artist's intention, which I guess is the beauty of art. In line with this, I don't see 'Within the Fable' as a relaxing piece (it fails in that regard because of its contrasting pitch); more of a thoughtful presentation of a terrific melody. And overall an excellent mix.

• 11 months later...

a really well done mix, with a great texture. The melody on it's own isn't super hooky, but when combined with a nice soundscape, it really appeals to me. The snare is a bit too hardcore for the track, and the samples are showing their age a bit (though that guitar sample still sounds pretty great), but overall this is a really charming and well done mix.

Recommended for all, be sure to check this one out. :-)

• 1 month later...

:shock:

I just listened to "This Heart" also by Destiny and the similarities are like whoa. Granted that they're by the same artist and that's to be expected, but still.....

Like the other, a large portion of this mix is carried by the melody, and there is a lot of textures at play here too. It's a cool track because there's a lot going on here to keep the listener engaged. While I don't think its exactly ground breaking or explosively innovating, its still solid and worth checking out.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01103 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Within the Fable"