OCR01863 - Vagrant Story "Youthful Bravery"

djpretzel

Absolutely stunning, my favorite track from my favorite game soundtrack.

(And for the record, Freddie is anything but a "newcomer" :-))

Great performance and arrangement, but also a really nice recording quality too. I guess my only qualm is how it goes to major key at the very end, without any hint or lead-in.. but that's a really minor detail and totally just artistic license.

Awesomesauce!

I really seem to be mildly annoyed with Larry's comments...he seems to have some stringent guidelines that even if a mix--like this one--is absolutely gorgeous and incredible, if it isn't variant enough, etc, then it's some horrible affront. I've never been of the opinion that a mix had to be so much different from the source, as long as the arrangement worked, and this one certainly does. It's absolutely gorgeous from start to finish!

great dynamics and phrasing. I remember loving the art style to this game, but I never really remembered much of the music. This is certainly memorable, though, and really is a moody and a bit lonely. I really like the performance, as it really brings the arrangement to life; this wouldn't be near as wonderful sequenced. Well done, I can't wait to hear more. :-D

Hey, everyone! Sorry for the really late reply. :)

First of all, thanks a lot for the wonderful comments! I'm glad my little piano arrangement was liked by so many people.

Second: Yes, there is sheet music of this. However, the sheet music doesn't really resemble the final arrangement that much, since I took some liberties when I played it and switched some chords. If people are really interested in what the original looked like, I suppose I could share the sheet music.

Anyway, thanks again! I hope I'll be able to contribute more to OCRemix.

This is very pretty! I don't know the source, but there is no need to enjoy this wonderfully emotive piece.

I was originally going to comment on the brevity of this, but the more I listen to it, I think it's just the right length. Kudos on that.

My favorite moment is 1:50-2:00. It's just perfect, nothing else I can say about it. Oddly enough, I can only describe it as a sigh. Don't ask me why.

Great job, and I'd love to hear more from you!

• 3 months later...

Emphasizing just the piano from the source is a pleasing choice. It hits all the right keys as it explores an emotional tale of a boy's act of courage, its pace deliberate and evocative. The tune lingers on three main notes at 1:18-1:23 and 2:23-2:29 as if it's pondering an unclear or unfinished side of the story, leaving me wanting more.

Tender.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01863 - Vagrant Story "Youthful Bravery"