OCR01924 - *YES* Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance 'Swingin' with Death'

Liontamer

Remixer Name: Nase

Email: kaesomorph@hotmail.de

UserID: 7599

Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Track: Successor of Fate

Comments: Not a whole lot to say...it converts the original into swing, and while I was pretty conservative with the melody (I just like it so damn much), I hope there are enough other

variations and additions fitting in with the different style for ya, plus some original content in the middle part.

Oh, one more thing: I found this one to be way more enjoyable with the volume cranked up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The instrumentation and textures were a bit ugly in a way (some of the instrument quality could have been better), and there were also some areas where the sound was piercing.

That said, this was a very fun track, with a conservative but excellently personalized interpretation. Really upbeat, dynamic, high-spirited funk arrangement of a theme Shnabubula has already taken to the cleaners. His was more a fleshing out of the original, so it was cool to hear another take on it. It's a great source tune choice. Hope we hear more from you, Joshu!

YES

Reminds me a lot of old-school OCR subs, including my own Oedo Hop. There's a playfulness with the source material that's downright infectious. You did a lot of filling in of background parts and soloing over the chords that set it apart from just being a funky cover. Sure, there are moments that get piercing and samples that are on the weak side, but it's a pretty easy YES call to me.

YES

The samples really are on the weak side imo.. But the more I listen to this the more it grows on me. The arrangement is clever and filled with both source and your own, quite awesome additions. With a source as advanced as this you really need to be clear with the melody and I thought that was really one of the strengths here. Overall, the arrangement outweighs the production so I can safely give this the big 'ol

YES

yar, that lead horn is certainly something; the piano and flute leads i'm feeling a lot more. The strength of this track is really the arrangement, all kinds of awesome things happening here. Textures are great, there are some great effects in some parts, and everything sounds balanced to me.

That lead horn bugs me, but not enough to get in the way on this one; it's only there for a brief section from 0:28 to 0:35, and then it's clear sailing.

I also gotta echo that this is an awesome source track to remix, and you definitely did it justice. :-)

yes