Sonic the Hedgehog Remakes, personal Project "Sonic Nostalgia"

LITHE

Hi there. Nice remakes you have here, but I would suggest trying out something more creative with them.

The biggest "problem" I see is that while the original songs are nice and all, just replacing the instruments and adding some drumlines does not work well if you decide to stretch the original songs too much. This happens in a bad way with your version of the Sky Sanctuary, as it just goes on and on with not so much change as there could/should be in a song that lasts four minutes, the original lasting about 1:30. It's also a bit too full...you start it peacefully enough, but then as you introduce the drums they really...don't stop to give the listener a breather and maybe bringing up something smooth and floaty, like a pad, until punching in the drums and the guitar again for a crunching finish. Also with your goal to make a new soundtrack for a Sonic remake, the feel of that song does not sync with the feel of the level it is for...at least not in my mind :/

This way it sounds nice for a minute, then it actually starts to annoy as I wished for something to change after the original would have looped from the start, but really. You don't have the limitations of a small game cartridge, so I think you can make an interesting song for four minutes. Not for one.

Sorry if I was not being helpful >_>

the sky sanctuary has already been submitted so its not going to change unless it doesnt pass the judges. if it doesnt pass, then I'll take you advice. I actually only put it up on this thread to explain that I understand what this page is about to neblix. if it doesnt pass then Im going to take a LONG break from it though. Ive been changing it around for the last two years. I pretty much learned music from that remix. kinda wierd I know.

the scrap brain was not changed around at all. not even with the drums. its supposed to sound like an updated version of the origional because its a remake not a remix. I actually had to change some things around from the midi I got, because some parts were a little different from the origional track.

Im doing this project because hearing all these remixes in the past, before I started working with music, always made me wish somebody would just update the origional track, rather than changing it around.

the sky sanctuary has already been submitted so its not going to change unless it doesnt pass the judges. if it doesnt pass, then I'll take you advice. I actually only put it up on this thread to explain that I understand what this page is about to neblix. if it doesnt pass then Im going to take a LONG break from it though. Ive been changing it around for the last two years. I pretty much learned music from that remix. kinda wierd I know.

the scrap brain was not changed around at all. not even with the drums. its supposed to sound like an updated version of the origional because its a remake not a remix. I actually had to change some things around from the midi I got, because some parts were a little different from the origional track.

Im doing this project because hearing all these remixes in the past, before I started working with music, always made me wish somebody would just update the origional track, rather than changing it around.

Well I'm sure there's a website somewhere that's just dedicated to doing just what you want to do... if not, try to start your own if you have time! I'm sure it would get hits...

Well I'm sure there's a website somewhere that's just dedicated to doing just what you want to do... if not, try to start your own if you have time! I'm sure it would get hits...

Im working on a website. Im going to have a music section and my remakes will be part of it.

Yes well I get what you're trying to do, but making "updated" versions of the originals does not change the fact, that after a minute or so the originals looped to start...ended. If after a minute you make your updated song do the same then it may work in-game, but not as a listenable song :/

But I understand your intentions :) good luck with your project.