BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

DarkeSword

Grabbed my 360 version yesterday.

I've gotta say that after playing it some on my 720p set, I can say with absolute certainty that this game is beyond gorgeous, but unfortunately for me as much as I loved Guilty Gear, the combo system as well as others are tough for me to get used to.

I think it has a lot to do with what I interpret to be sort of a "build your own combos" system, but I could also just suck. At any rate, I do love the game and will definitely be spending time with it.

It's interesting that you actually have to unlock the ability to use Astral Finishes with all the characters save 2 or 3.

Am I the only one getting the "limited edition" version on the PS3 which also available for the 360 I believe?

I have to wait a bit more due to me ordering it from amazon.

Just as well since I tried looking for it in the local shops, all sold out D:; both the regular and limited edition.

GI see no reason not for a Wii version.

/arrogance

Number of buttons used/actually required..?

Not to mention high definition is not so much graphics (looks like older 2d fighters except better art and clarity with the exception of polygons in the BG) as it uses a higher resolution that the Wii is capable of handling.

Looking forward to checking this game out. I've had this "fighter fever" since Soul Calibur IV came out and this game seems to be the next big thing after Street Fighter IV. I'll most likely be getting the PS3 version 'cause it's a more reliable system for me. I wonder if there are any major differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, though?

My only fear is that it's too complicated for me. I've never played a Guilty Gear game Is there anything I need to know before getting into BlazBlue?

Graphics are for the weak.

Gameplay is for the win.

Why have one when you can have both? :P

In other words, knock it off. This is a thread about BlazBlue, which is available for 360 and PS3. If all you're gonna do is complain about the lack of a Wii version and dredge up some crappy gameplay/graphics debate, then please stop posting right now.

Anyway, I've read that BlazBlue is beginner friendly. I wouldn't worry about it being too complicated to get into.

I've read that BlazBlue is beginner friendly. I wouldn't worry about it being too complicated to get into.

Considering the creators couldn't hold their rights on GG from Sega. I'd say that's a good way to start up a new series.

Maybe later on if this title goes well, we'll see newer iterations or just extra content over time.

Shouldn't be too hard to add more characters, stages ect later on and charge something like $15 on PSN. Heck they got a couple of recent tekken games available entirely on PSN as complete games...

edit* hey you, yes you did you check your messages?

The game feels slower than Guilty Gear to me. The system and the way you perform special moves is mostly the same, but it doesn't really feel like a high speed fighting game like GG. Still, it definitely has potential and is really fun so far, so we'll see where this goes.

Also Schwaltz, we have the special edition with the shiny soundtrack too :3

Yeah, everyone gets the LE for the first prints of the game. They'll discontinue them some time down the road, but for now it's all good. As for PS3/360 differences... Well, there's the fact that a certain console which shall remained anonymous has a shitty D-Pad(sucks for me since I'm playing on said console :-P).

I've been playing online with Noel for a few matches getting the hang of her and the systems, and it can get pretty crazy from what I've played. As for being beginner friendly, well I'm not a newbie to fighters, but I'm far from pro(I don't even know what 3/4ths of the terminology means), and I think it's relatively friendly for a fighter, but I'll say the same thing for this as I did for Street Fighter IV:

It's beginner friendly for a fighter. If you've never touched a game in your life, you probably shouldn't start with this game.