Help with wacom tablet!!!

Okay, so I'm not much of a musician-- I express myself through my visual art! But now my Wacom Tablet broke suddenly! It was perfectly fine, and then I brought my tablet and computer downstairs from my room to the kitchen, and it wouldn't work! See more here: http://wolfenamphithere.deviantart.com/journal/25694701/

I doubt most people on this site are artists, but surely a bunch of you are good with computers?! What should I do?

try completely removing all tablet drivers, then reinstalling your drivers again. That's how I got mine to start working again. Also, make sure the tablet driver is set as a startup function (it's what makes your tablet work in the first place).

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

I use an Intuos model, so i don't know for sure if any of what I said will work with a graphire.

... I doubt most people on this site are artists...

What should I do?

Not make such generalizations?

Anyway, as others have suggested, completely uninstall your old drivers, and then reinstall them. You can also try restarting your computer after the reinstall, and making sure that everything is plugged in snuggly (to both the computer and the tablet).

If those fail, try installing the drivers with, and then installing them without, the tablet plugged in during installation. Some drivers specifically tell you to not have the device they're for, plugged into your computer when installing the drivers. Don't know if a Wacom tablet is one such device, but it's worth a try.

I haven't tried uninstalling the current ones, but it doesn't seem to work on any other computer either. Every other time I've plugged it in on a computer without the drivers, it's worked, but hasn't had the pressure feature. Basically it worked as a normal mouse. It's not moving the cursor at all on any computer ;-;

All I can do is recommend what the other people in this thread have said. Also my tablet happens to have a light on it that lights up when the pen touches it... so if the light doesn't light up, that means I forgot to plug in the tablet =p

My tablet has a light too, but it's blue when the tablet's plugged in, and green when the pen touches it. The light's not coming on at all... I don't think it's receiving power ;-;

no offense, nubman, but don't you think that you should actually contact the manufacturer through their forums or website instead of coming to a community populated mostly by musicians? i'll bet they know more about your specific brand of problem than almost anyone here will.

I went there too. But I might have to wait until monday for a reply, so I figured I would ask elsewhere as well. I've also asked for help on facebook, deviantART, and another forum site.