Final Fantasy VII - Costa de Sol (unplugged)

rhapsodos

Yosh, everybody. I bring you today one of the most on-the-spot impulse remixes I've ever done. Well, not quite on-the-spot - I thought of it night before the day before yesterday but didn't start arranging until yesterday. Just finished about half an hour ago >.>

It's all live (gasp!) and I spent quite a while fretting over some of the chord changes since my hands are kind of small (too big for a 3/4 guitar, a weedle bit too small for a full one. Gah.) :/

It's no 'Suco de Melancia' but here we go -> http://www.box.net/shared/5s6yinsbe1

Original source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPH6Qlp-u0

This is just a play-around, 'cause I don't think too much can be expanded on this, but please leave some feedback or comments. It might be helpful towards... something in the future, I dunno. :tomatoface:

...Oh god. Please excuse the horrid screeching noises on my bass line. D:

Amazing! To be honest the costa de Sol Theme was the only Track from FF7 i really hated. And there are not much Songs and Styles i hate (but i won't ever love german eurobeat!!!11).

The Vocals put the Song into a whole new light. I love it <3<3<3

Wow! Very neat interpretation. I love the samba influence. It works very well for this piece! Can't wait to hear your later revisions.

A comment on the vocals though. You definitely have the right idea in using the vocals, but I think you should go for a more breathy sound with them. Something along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlNQojJ0eQ

But that's just my opinion!

And of course, the arrangement is far too spot-on with the original. But I'm sure you know that and are in the process of rearranging it right now! :)

Keep it up! I can't wait to hear more! :D

Woah, thanks for all your feedback, guys :D

I'm thinking I may come back to this soon with some more material - I enjoy improvising while I sing (adding grace notes, throwing in some scales etc.) and while I didn't for this (I held back on it just so I could get a feel for the original) I might do it in the next revision.

I will be sure to take some of your advice into account for the next revision :)

There was originally some piano in this as well but I felt it detracted too much from the rest of it - the 'ban-ban ban-ban-ban' you hear in the first half and the 'bam ba-de-dam ba dam-dam-dam dam' you hear in the second half (in the left and right ears) are what became of it. I turned them into vocal parts instead and it seemed to have worked well... I think. Well, the arrangement seems too sparse without them but if I added any more on top of that, depending on what I do it could end up being too much. >w>

• 1 month later...
Apart from some minor timing issues (and the fact that the bpm could be a liiiiiiiiiitle higher) this is actually very charming! =D

Good bossa nova playing!

Ahaha, I realised later on that the snapping and tapping were going on at the same time in the latter half of the piece to my dismay... The tapping was actually recorded separately to the guitar playing (because I'm a bit unco when it comes to tapping+guitar playing sometimes, heh). The BPM was slowed down to accommodate my awkward slow chord changing times but since I've had some practice I could probably play it a bit faster now :)

Thanks for the comment! :D