Cartoon Network "Real"

ChrisTheWriter

• 4 weeks later...

Bad times, in case any of you still care, which by this point may be of some serious doubt...

Craig McCracken, the art director for Dex's Lab, the creator of the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's... has been let go.

Just... ugh. A mixture of rage, sadness... and a little of hilarity. You know a channel doesn't know what it's doing when it gets rid of one of it's head IDEAMEN.

Bad times, in case any of you still care, which by this point may be of some serious doubt...

Craig McCracken, the art director for Dex's Lab, the creator of the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's... has been let go.

Just... ugh. A mixture of rage, sadness... and a little of hilarity. You know a channel doesn't know what it's doing when it gets rid of one of it's head IDEAMEN.

[insert big sarcastic sigh here]

Freaking stupid Network...but, on the other hand, was Craig really important anymore? I never liked Foster's that much anyway...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Um... WTF is CN thinking?

Wait, if you guys knew we probably wouldn't be having any sort of discussion here.

Well, the question had to be asked: is anything McCracken responsible for now relevant to the network's interests anymore? Yes, he created some great shows, but if he's not producing any new programs or isn't working with current projects, they are within their right to let him go. If McCracken isn't creating anything new and marketable, he's just dead weight.

That said, personally? I like the guy and what he's contributed to modern animation, and I love his art direction. I'm sad to see him go, and I honestly hope that he can prove to Cartoon Network just how stupid of a move they probably just made. I'm sure he'll continue to be successful, but this may actually be a good for his career. If he works as more an independent animator for a different company, we may see more of what he can do, and he may be given more freedom over what he creates. Who knows?

Source plz, kthx.