iPod skips songs

Final_metroid

I'm trying to listen to "Final Fantasy 4 SNES Battle Medley", but the song plays for not even a second and skips to the next song. I tried redownloading the song, and even restoring the entirety of my ipod. The song plays fine in iTunes, so what could be the problem?

One weird thing to mention though is if I manually skip towards a middle part of the song, it plays normally to the end. It seems like that small section of the song causes the iPod to skip for some reason

Edit: Right now, i have an iPod classic. Apple has a history of pissing me off by ruining my music with its "planned obsolescence" that seems to plague all of its iPod products. In the event that I get a new mp3 player, any suggestions?

I'm trying to listen to "Final Fantasy 4 SNES Battle Medley", but the song plays for not even a second and skips to the next song. I tried redownloading the song, and even restoring the entirety of my ipod. The song plays fine in iTunes, so what could be the problem?

One weird thing to mention though is if I manually skip towards a middle part of the song, it plays normally to the end. It seems like that small section of the song causes the iPod to skip for some reason

Edit: Right now, i have an iPod classic. Apple has a history of pissing me off by ruining my music with its "planned obsolescence" that seems to plague all of its iPod products. In the event that I get a new mp3 player, any suggestions?

Maybe try converting the file format? My Sansa occasionally skips forward in random spots, and I've always assumed that the player's decoding just doesn't work as well as the software on my computer, so it just skips forward when it runs into an error that it can't figure out.

i've actually just tried that and it worked, I clicked "convert to AAC" out of desperation and it plays perfectly on my iPod now. I still wish to know why the iPod can't play certain formats or songs with certain encodings, etc. so i can avoid problems in the future or i can troubleshoot for myself if anything else goes wrong

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this has been fixed or not, but I encountered this issue with some songs I was trying to play as well.

Ended up having to do with the number of characters in the ID3 tags of the tracks. Reduced them all and re-uploaded it. Ended up working just fine.

This may be a different issue though, same symptoms though.