Sonic 1 - Scrap Brain Zone

SkyWay

Ditto, bLiNd, finish it. It's great.

Hm... another finn. Welcome. :D

Personally I don't like voice clips in music, so that doesn't score high with me. Others might have less of an issue with it. The lead is pretty loud, actually. You could easily drop it a few dB.

Pretty nice groove you've got going, tho it would be nice to have more variation on top of it, maybe a pad slowly fading in through an opening filter. A little more action, a little more stuff happening. It sounds a little empty. Empty isn't bad, but you could fill it up for part of the track. The track has a nice build-up, but once it hits a high point it just sits there. Some filtered backings would fill it up more.

Promising, tho I can't comment on source use. No source link. :(

Hi Rozovian : )

Sorry about not including the source.

And I should have said that the song is a heavy wip... about three hours in the middle of the night wip : P

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind. The voiceclip was a bit of an experiment with which I'm not happy either so that will change/get deleted :/

Hey, nice bLiNd mix - I love it when he posts things in the WIP forums (He did this with another sonic song, not too long ago :P).

EDIT: Actually, bLiNd, some of the harmonies really clash with the textures your using towards the end, making me cringe a little. Otherwise, it's a great mix... Sorry, I couldn't help myself - it's the WIP forum, after all :P.

As for your mix, Skyway, nice for three hours of work - you'd hold a fine place with the OHC compos :). However, past the initial build there is no sense of direction in the music; it just sounds like it stays in the same place for the entire song. I'm not only talking about the source material - this extends to the drums, the bass pattern, the lack of change in the soundscape, etc. It sounds pretty good for a little while while, but it cannot hold my interest for longer than a minute before I start getting bored.

Rozo's got the other points covered, so that's what I've got to say about this :). Not bad at all, though.

Hi again.

After that last wip I tried to make it better, changed sounds, brought more sounds and variation into the song, but at some point I just stared at my screen, selected about everything in my sequencer and pushed ye'olde deleteh and started from the beginning.

So here I am again with a finished product this time and I hope you like it.

http://www.skyway-designs.com/music/Broken Mind.mp3

One thing that might be a fail is that the song has a lot packed into a small space :/

Hey, nice bLiNd mix - I love it when he posts things in the WIP forums (He did this with another sonic song, not too long ago :P).

EDIT: Actually, bLiNd, some of the harmonies really clash with the textures your using towards the end, making me cringe a little. Otherwise, it's a great mix... Sorry, I couldn't help myself - it's the WIP forum, after all :P.

Hey thanks! Yea that last part was quick just to cover the source. I planned on redoing that part as more of a chorus section with a different sound, so its kind of rushed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread skyway haha

I listened to the update, sounds great man, the production is mega clean too. Keep it up

Hey thanks! Yea that last part was quick just to cover the source. I planned on redoing that part as more of a chorus section with a different sound, so its kind of rushed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread skyway haha

I listened to the update, sounds great man, the production is mega clean too. Keep it up

bLiNd!!! Darn you for being so great! >w< GRAWR!! It's a good remix, hope it gets finished.

>_> Skyway, I listened to the first one and am about to listen to the second one now. The first one did seem a bit bland, the voice was not my favorite but it sorta made some sense. I think I confused myself there..anyway! -listens to newer version-

And I like it. ^_^ -thumbs up- I like being able to tap my feet to a beat and the song still be good.

I like this version far better than the last - it's really, really clean. The sounds meshes well, and it doesn't have nearly as difficult of a time holding my interest. That continued variation of that last section is still a bit repetitive (even with the cool doodads you spice it up with), and that ending just makes me want more, so keep at it - it's sounding great, atm.

And I like it. ^_^ -thumbs up- I like being able to tap my feet to a beat and the song still be good.

Glad you like it :) And heh, I attempted to make the voice in the first to reflect the Zone and it's surroundings so that's why it tried to make some sense :P glad it did.

I like this version far better than the last - it's really, really clean. The sounds meshes well, and it doesn't have nearly as difficult of a time holding my interest. That continued variation of that last section is still a bit repetitive (even with the cool doodads you spice it up with), and that ending just makes me want more, so keep at it - it's sounding great, atm.

Thanks :) I was afraid it was a bit too much in a bit too small space, so at least that will change a bit, give a bit more room for the individual sections

And maybe I'll play around with that part that tries to lift off at the end ;)

• 3 weeks later...