OCR01115 - *YES* Chrono Trigger 'Another Fair'

djpretzel

Hey djp!

Just your friendly neighborhood Dhsu dropping by. ^_^ This is my first OCR submission...EVAR. So go easy on me, k? ^_^ Anyway, this is actually a submission for IMC 16, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to send it your way while I was at it. See who judges faster, eh? ;)

I dunno what's up with me and all this New Age stuff...I was kind of going for a Chrono Cross-ish feel (hence the title), but I'm not sure if it ended up coming out that way. Anyway, took me about four hours from concept to production (4:00 - 8:00 PM today)...not bad for a arrangement that's only 3 minutes long, huh? ;)

When you're judging my song, just remember that it's *supposed* to have an unsatisfying ending, so people will loop it again and again. :D

That, and because it was meant to be background music for that Chrono fan remake.

You should probably be able to see my e-mail address, but just in case, it's khabarakh1@juno.com. You can also visit my website at http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/dhsu/index2.htm, or alternately, my university mirror at http://personal.utulsa.edu/~david-hsu/index2.htm

Hope you enjoy it! Have a nice day (or several). :)

Dhsu

This may not be the busiest piano mix ever, but it has it where it counts. the arrangement is creative and effective. It sounds good, although the volume level is a little low.

I would have liked this to be about two minutes longer, but as it is, it's a solid lullabye-esque piano mix, and it is an original take on this chrono song.

YES

I remember hearing this months ago, around when dshu submitted it and I thought it was OC material.

Quality solo piano arrangement by dhsu. There is just a beautiful drifting quality to this mix. My only minor complaint comes in the middle section with the sudden fast notes. It really breaks up the mood of this mix and in my opinion sounds very akward. Good stuff.

YES