Kraft noob

dotaino

Would you post a link to the source?

From what I can tell, this is sounding amateurish because so much of it is trying to be in the foreground and because it doesn't have much dynamics to it. Some filter sweeps and other cutoff automation should give it a more pro sound. The lead might need replacing, it doesn't fit and doesn't even sound very good.

About half way through, there's something clashing, you might need to write a second bassline to fit, or just change the new ostinato track that comes in. There's some clashes before that too, but somehow they didn't stand out as much, maybe because of the lead.

Watch the clashes and EQ it right and it should sound a lot less amateurish. It's got some col ideas and sounds, just needs to be refined right.

PRODUCTION

[X] Generic/cliche sound choices

[X] Drums have no energy

[X] Mixing is muddy (eg. too many sounds in the same range)

STRUCTURE

[X] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[X] Too repetitive

[X] Too short

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

Well first of all you need to provide a source material...

Also, that melody does not match the background at all (it sounds like random notes and random notes are not good) You need to make that melody work with the background. If you don't know what I mean, then send me a MIDI of your remix and I'll change it to show you what I mean.

As for drums... I didn't even hear drums. Definitely NOT good. You need a drum beat...

Also it's repetitive (One thing, then another thing with that thing, then one thing with those two things, then another thing with those two things, then one with all of those things, etc.)

At 2:16 is very short and you don't have much freedom for what you want to do with it. The ending is to abrupt and even though that MIGHT be okay you can't even loop it so it's NOT okay.

Percussive synths and a dampened bass drum groove. Works fine. Doesn't _need_ more drum beat. The rest you're right about, neblix.

Oh, well, okay. :/ It kinda feels empty without a drumbeat, because all that's there is just

thump... thump... thump... thump...

I just think it would sound better with drums. (I guess that's kinda subjective)

It's a remix I'm working on for 8 Bit Weapon contest. The source MIDIs can be found at: http://www.ocremix.org/etc/8-bit-weapon-reset-generation-midis.zip

I'm sorry I forgot that. ^^;

I don't have a source MIDI, per se, I'm working with Buzz, FL Studio and the Pattern Editor (yes, someone had to see that coming, I've been using it for five years, and this is my first attempt at something quasi-original :-P)

I did update it a little, change the the melody synths, but think I should simplify it a bit?

It's a remix I'm working on for 8 Bit Weapon contest. The source MIDIs can be found at: http://www.ocremix.org/etc/8-bit-weapon-reset-generation-midis.zip

I'm sorry I forgot that. ^^;

I don't have a source MIDI, per se, I'm working with Buzz, FL Studio and the Pattern Editor (yes, someone had to see that coming, I've been using it for five years, and this is my first attempt at something quasi-original :-P)

I did update it a little, change the the melody synths, but think I should simplify it a bit?

First of all, make it not sound like two songs layered over each other, and try making your melody a little darker sounding (that may be the solution)