OCR01940 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Waking the Fish'

Liontamer

Remixer Name: Willrock07

Email Address: Will.rock@hotmail.co.uk

User Number: 24181

Remix Name: Waking The Fish

Games Arranged: Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening

Songs Arranged: Ballad Of The Wind Fish

Remix Link: (there is an attachment if the link doesn't work for whatever reason)

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxplgXELFG4

Comments:

God knows where the inspiration for this came from :P

All I know is that I decided to remix the ballad of the wind fish, one of my favorite game themes, in a style that I have never tried before (and one that you guys are tbh probably sick of) :P

Needless to say, it has taken me a while, but I have done it, and I think it is a little better polished than my previous subs so far.

Hope you guys enjoy this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/15485 - Track 71

Some weird changes to the melody in places that I definitely would not have went with (:lol:), but otherwise this was pretty solid. The core beats got a bit repetitive, but the foundation was creative enough and the textures were cohesive enough where the repetition wasn't a detriment at all. Solidly developed arrangement with some creative interpretation. Another good one from Will; keep it up!

YES

Aw yeah, I dig this. Solid execution of a pretty damn cool arrangement. I personally could've used some more small hints to the source but this was overall interpretive and worked well. Core beats WERE a bit repetitive though ;)

Production was above the bar for sure but there are some things I'd just like to point out. The hard panned left piano+string pad lead feels unfocused because of the long release and the reverb. Overall quite a few elements seemed to be heavily reverbed and the mix didn't feel all that clear. On the other hand it felt clear enough and had a certain charm to it.

Overall this is a solid remix. Creative arrangement, interesting take on the source for sure, and solid production with a few bells and whistles. Good work Will!

YES

Overall pretty great stuff, this has a lot of cool ornaments, a good variety of leads, some nice harmonic changeups, and onlya few minor weak spots. I agree with the other Judges that the beat could have been more interesting in subtle ways wthout ruining the flow of the track.

2:30 would have been a great place for a really brief halftime section, that would not only add some change of pace, but would make the solo afterwards feel even more driving.

Speaking of the solo, it was pretty damn awesome, though I think the note at 3:14 should have hit the tonic. It was aite as-is, but it would have really sung if it would have gone a little higher.

The ending was slightly abrupt, but changed up enough and was pretty satisfying regardless. Good stuff dude. :-)

yes

I can always expect some great synth solos from Will at this point, but I also thought the new writing and chords for the simple Wind Fish song were very creative and worked like they were always meant to be written that way. There's one sticking point here and that's the bland drums, both the samples and the repetitiveness. I was disappointed by them, especially when everything else is clicking, but it's not a prominent part of the song and I can overlook it given the rest of the arrangement. This has a whole lot to like, and it's probably still my favorite arrangement Will has done.

YES