OCR01866 - Super Mario Land "Why So Serious?"

its about time this got posted! man halc and cth you've done it again this time fusing both of y'all unique styles to create a epic ass mix. i find myself listening to your music alot halc and cth the same goes to you man keep at it i want to hear moar!

ps...damn halc we never got to finish our collab?? do you still have the project files? hit me up on aim when you can!

This mix is very cute, I'm really liking it. Very clever with the name, although for the first listen I was waiting for the evil clowns to come get me all of a sudden.

The 3:00 section was my favorite part, the slowdown was pretty trippy.

I'm on the fence on whether this was a tad too long, but I have to listen more before I make that decision.

Great work guys.

This is a great mix, very upbeat and quirky in a fun way (great use of the coin sound). It definitely reminded me of halc's Tetris Attack mix, which I also love.

Also, I appreciate his tenacity in playing through the first few levels just to access the source tune--I, too, am woefully inadequate at platformers and I know how much of a hassle that must have been, all to deliver to us this fine, fine mix.

Mad props.

Oh man, I miss Super Mario Land - was one of my first games for the Game Boy as well (along with Donkey Kong Land and Game and Watch Gallery). This is a great, relaxing take on the theme - I seriously love the interwoven textures that you two managed to fit in there. It's a little quiet for me, but it definitely sounds great in the headphones. Keep up the fantastic work!

Incredibly happy. The chiptuneness grows on you too... such a great medium when done right. And this does it right. I said it before, but solid work guys.

But, seriously, what did you do from 1:25-1:30? That sounds like you put bees in a blender... do I need to call PETA?

This is one of the few songs, here or otherwise, that just plasters a smile on my face. It's so relentlessly fun and happy, innocent and carefree. It's nothing short of a pleasure to listen to - just my type of music!

I think this is the best work of both of these guys, and I've probably listened to each of chthonic's mixes like 20 times. no wonder the past two years haven't been quite as happy for me, the dude wasn't posting mixes!

onward to more joyful days as I dance to this song!

Very catchy and fun, but I do have a complaint that kept it from being the best of best for me: it seemed too long. Like there were sections were the music just sort of went along with it with little to say, relatively.

Others probably won't agree with my lack of concision bit; I will say that otherwise it's absolutely stunning and that the chiptune voice was really great - nice work on the whole. :]

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01866 - Super Mario Land "Why So Serious?"