Armored Troopers Votoms

Kasperl

You know, I was given Volume 1 and Volume 3 DVDs as a gift a year or so ago. Maybe I should start watching it...

You should. It's like Rambo in Space with robots, and I mean that in a good way. The best thing about the robots in this show, called ATs or Armored Troopers, is that they are just tools. Most robot shows have unstoppable god machines handed out to anyone and everyone, not Votoms. Them robots blow up real good. Chirico Cuvie, the main character, goes through over thirty different ATs in the original TV show alone. Story's not half bad too, Chirico is very reminiscent of Rambo from First Blood, men turned old and tired faster than they should have by constant war and come back home only to be ignored or persecuted. It's great stuff.

I had a Scopedog model back when I was a kid... It being entirely in Japanese, I had no idea what it was from, but it did say "Scopedog" on the front.

Now I know... and knowing is half the battle!

I have a few of the newer toys myself. They're quite nice. I recently picked up something called a Strikedog that is actually in scale with my old G.I. Joe figures.

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/microman/dmz_top02.html

So I watched some of this show.

I'm actually enjoying it! The mecha designs are fun, and the different affiliations at war are interesting. Always cool to see how one group is plotting against the other... and how smaller people are affected. :)

*continues watching*

Edit:

Go Joe.

The plotting gets much thicker and much more in depth by the way.

Hmm, my sister bought an entire season of VOTOMS for my little brother a while ago, but I never thought it would be that good. I'll definitely watch some of it now, though. My interest in mecha and military anime was revived recently when I re-watched Gundam Wing.

• 4 weeks later...