Fire Emblem "Togther We Ride" and Secret of Mana "The Oracle"

cromar

This is two requests in one: two songs that I think are sorely under represented in the remix community. I'm not asking to combine them, but two separate jobs.

First, Fire Emblem "Together We Ride", which is also featured in various Smash Brothers games. It's pretty popular with covers and the like but I'd love to see a full on remix. I think this is perfect for hard rock or metal. There's tons to work with. A few links:

Official song (Brawl version). This version also includes parts from the Fire Emblem title theme. This is probably my favorite official version of this song.

Some covers:

Pretty awesome

- this song was made for guitar, I'm telling you.

And for something completely different -

remix!

As you can see those versions above are great but they are still covers. I'd love to see what this community can come up with.

Next, Secret of Mana - The Oracle. This site has plenty of SoM remixes, but none for this song. It's the 2nd-to-last boss battle with the Dark Lich Thanatos, an enormous skull. I have to say, this song is just begging for a death metal cover. I want something that evokes the sheer terror of that thing chasing you when you listen to it. Somebody call Kadmium! Anyway, the links:

- with a picture of the boss for reference

An excellent video of the

. And I quote: "This music is so awesome, I'm not going to taint it with the sound of my voice."

It's a little harder to find good remixes or covers of this song. I guess it's pretty unusual and challenging. But, there's a bonus: some of the sounds effects that sound like chanting are (allegedly) based off of a real Balinese chant, the

! I don't know much about this, maybe somebody can enlighten me, but the similarities between the chant and the Dark Lich's theme cannot be ignored.

Thanks in advance if anyone takes this challenge.

Not to be mean or rude but everyone who is a Fire Emblem fan and a musician have done "Together We Ride". It's the most overplayed song in the Fire Emblem community. I mean, it's a great song but it has been done to death. I would not mind doing an remix of it but everyone does it. It's like with Terra's theme from Final Fantasy VI, a beloved and beautiful song which everyone have covered in the past.