Is this the return of Mechwarrior ?

Strike911

Teaser trailer of giant robot foot.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/07/is-this-mechwarrior-5/

Official announcement coming very soon about big mech game by the people that own the rights to Mechwarrior now (R.I.P. FASA, never forget). Could be Mechwarrior 5, and that's what people are expecting... largely.

... I don't know about you guys but a good mech sim is what I've been craving for a loooong time now. Sure, Steel Battalion scratched that itch a few years ago, but the novelty was really only in the controller and interface. I still miss the glory days of Mechwarrior 3. The customization was fun, and yeah Armored Core is great in regards to customization, too, but there's something special about the traditional mech sim, cockpit simulations that I sure have missed all these years.

And with games like Killzone 2 giving glimpses of what riding in the cockpit of a giant mech could be like with this generation of hardware, it's pretty exciting to imagine what a new Mechwarrior title could be like.

I just really hope it isn't something like a Mech Assault announcement (or any other 3rd person titles).

EDIT: More videos!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1001586p1.html

I still miss the glory days of Mechwarrior 3. The customization was fun, and yeah Armored Core is great in regards to customization, too, but there's something special about the traditional mech sim, cockpit simulations that I sure have missed all these years.

I loved Mechwarrior 3. The bundle pack of that and Worms: Armageddon was one of the single greatest PC purchases in my younger days. The voiceover narrator in MW3 was ridiculously awesome. Hopefully those vids are signs of good mech days ahead.