Video Games Live @ D.C./NoVA on Friday (July 10)

Moguta

The Distant Worlds concert just a couple weeks ago was pretty awesome. I'm sure the occasion probably drained a few people's budget and/or will to travel. But...

There is a Video Games Live performance coming up very soon that I'm surprised to see no mention of! Just this Friday (the 10th), they'll be at the Wolftrap in Washington D.C.

Anyone going?

LARRY EDIT:

List of attendees

djpretzel & the future Mrs. Pretzel

Palpable

diotrans

Mr. MAGFest

binary1230

Nick the Newbie

Big Adam

Kroze

Gamer Symphony Orchestra

justinj212

Grant Kirkhope

Mark Cromer

Sid Meier

Zeiram

Moguta

AcerBandit

What kills my budget is the trip home. Either I pay through the nose for a quick ride or I pay through the nose and sit in the depot overnight. It's difficult to do this sort of thing anymore without staying somewhere. You guessed it: I don't drive. Then again, this may be limited to Baltimore.

However, in this case, the reason against is much simpler: I work on Friday. :( Have fun.

Awesome time! Thanks a lot to Matt (Zeiram) for hooking me up with a quick ride back. I got to stay for the meet-and-greet and get the OCR guitar signed by several composers & developers, plus earlier we had several MAGFest & GSO peeps sign the guitar as well. Of course, the show was fun!

I'm planning to be in Atlanta again, so I may head out to the Augusta, GA show in late September. Thanks to Jack Wall for the heads up, so now I've gotta get out there. Glad to see everyone tonight!

Sad I missed some of the others there, but the concert was a fricking blast! How about that Guitar Hero segment? The crowd went wild.

Personally? I loved the Castlevania encore amongst other sections. I've loved the soundtracks to that series for a long time. And seeing the Video Game Pianist live was something else.

AND SID FREAKING MEYER. I love me some Civilization, so that was a huge, pleasant surprise. Just a great time in general! :D