Fighter Destiny 2 - Mongol

Jae

Game Title - Fighter Destiny 2 (N64)

Song Title - Mongol

Remix Title - Shallow Water Trek

Here's another remix that I'm working on. The sequel to Fighters Destiny left much to be desired since Southpeak dropped the "s", added a "2", and took over. I was able to pull some inspiration from a song though.

Here is the source:

I haven't messed with any EQ yet, and the french horns at the end need a slight volume modification (they're the newest additions). The quality will also improve later. Right now, I'm saving with the lowest quality so it can be ready more quickly, so I apologize for the low quality. :oops:

Remix Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tkmndloonnm

If you have any tips, suggestions, additions...anything, just let me know! I appreciate all feedback! :-)

I begin to hear some clipping when the drums and strings start coming in. It's a nice arrangement, but a bit annoying to the ears (well that's because I'm using headphones. XD). Try getting some higher quality samples.

The quality of the save is really bad. I'm going to come back and update the first post with a better file. I sacrificed sound for speed, and that really isn't very smart. I figured since it's in an earlier stage, it wouldn't matter as much, but I was wrong with both assumptions. :lol:

Just to make sure, which drum are you talking about? The timpani or the drum that plays with the bottle blow right after the sea intro? Both sections begin with new strings. The one with the timpani is more obvious though.

Thanks for the feedback! Before I go searching for new samples, I'm going to improve the save. Then if there's still some clipping, I'll be more than happy to run another search. :-)

The quality of the save is really bad. I'm going to come back and update the first post with a better file. I sacrificed sound for speed, and that really isn't very smart. I figured since it's in an earlier stage, it wouldn't matter as much, but I was wrong with both assumptions. :lol:

Just to make sure, which drum are you talking about? The timpani or the drum that plays with the bottle blow right after the sea intro? Both sections begin with new strings. The one with the timpani is more obvious though.

Thanks for the feedback! Before I go searching for new samples, I'm going to improve the save. Then if there's still some clipping, I'll be more than happy to run another search. :-)

The giant kick drum. XD

Hmm. Giant kick drum? I mean no disrespect at all when I ask this, but have you heard a timpani play in an orchestra or a band or anything? It doesn't sound like what an electronic kick or a bass drum would sound like. The sound is supposed to extend and resonate more than a kick.

If you know what a timpani is, that's cool. There still could be some clipping with it, but it was just odd to see it being called a "kick." :-)

I dont know that much about music but i enjoyed it. I feel as though that this just needs more energy, i dunno but pleaze update it.

Definitely didn't mean to overlook this post. It's supposed to sound adventurous, so energy is a must. I'll see what I can do. Possibly another volume change will work. Hopefully I can do this without completely ruining the sound quality.

Well, I updated it. There aren't any snaps, crackles, or pops from what I hear. I EQ'd a little since some of the mid-range instruments were fighting with each other originally. The piccolo was also fighting with the ocarina/celesta. I hope it's clearer now with no fuzziness. Still learning the ropes of EQ though.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to add energy. I definitely need more opinions on that. I'd love to hear them. :-)

I probably should've chosen more popular songs to remix. :oops:

I do like the ambient feel of the starting; but the flute sample does indeed grate on the ear, I think it's how it was recorded - it hurts the ears, I'm surprised it doesn't hurt yours :S

It's pretty decent compo wise, but man, owch my ears...

The ocarina (it's the main melodic instrument) does tend to cut through your ears. I think it's because it just plays smoothly. There is no vibrato or anything. Whenever the ocarina trills, it isn't as bad. When it extends though, I know what you mean. The piccolo has some nice vibrato, so it spares your ears. It's more pleasant. I'll see what I can do with it. I'm pretty happy with everything else. I haven't updated the first post yet, but I have changed a few things. The ocarina wasn't on the list before though. :razz: