Distant Worlds in Seattle with Nobuo Uematsu for the next three days

Zipp

Tomorrow I'm off to Seattle to see Nobuo Uematsu and the Seattle Symphony perform two hours of Final Fantasy music in the Distant Worlds tour.

I'm gonna be in the same room as Nobuo Uematsu. Awesome. If I wanted to pay an extra 100 dollars, I could be in an even smaller room with the man, but alas I cannot afford such pleasantries.

In any case, tickets are still on sale, though limited, so if you're in the area, you should check it out.

In any case, the concert was amazing. They did so much music, including the FULL Opera from FF6, and an Encore performance of One Winged Angel with Nobuo singing in the choir.

Ah, Nobuo. The guy was great. Came out in a dirty shirt and a bandana. He was so happy.

It was awesome! First half was good, though second half seemed to have a little more character. The big band chocobo theme was especially fun I thought. During the intermission, I was talking with my girlfriend (who doesn't really play videogames), and referring to the FF11 section she called it "the one where the mice destroy the cat city"...I appreciated that.

I remember back in 2001 after discovering OC Remix, thinking... wouldn't it be great if the opera from FF6 was perfomed live? Well, that's one life goal off the queue for me. Shit was soooooooo cash.

The whole concert was amazing and performed well, and the arrangements didn't suck balls [sorry, PLAY!, make them closer to the original next time], and even though I was by myself I had a pretty good time watching the performance. A little too much FF8 [like, half the concert, come on!?] and I think they skipped FF4's theme of love due to lack of time which was a shame. I think they neglected that game entirely, I would've liked to have heard that or Rydia's theme.

Also, what's the story with Nobuo's salmon? Also, during the video credits - why did Amano get a light clap and Nomura get a cheer... FFFFFFFFF

I enjoyed the concert immensely, though I didn't at all like the video thing they had. Kinda made me feel that the organizers don't think people who like video game music could sit through a symphony concert without staring at a screen. Which might actually be true for some of 'em, but it still bothered me - especially when a famous scene would cause the audience's applause to drown out the music.

I enjoyed the concert immensely, though I didn't at all like the video thing they had. Kinda made me feel that the organizers don't think people who like video game music could sit through a symphony concert without staring at a screen. Which might actually be true for some of 'em, but it still bothered me - especially when a famous scene would cause the audience's applause to drown out the music.

The first night was a much less video-happy crowd. They had them, of course, but there wasn't clapping for famous scenes or anything!

@ Overcoat: I'm not sure about any Salmon... of course the reason Nobuo gets a huge cheer is because he's the composer, and it's a concert. If it were an art show, Amano would get more cheer. Too bad you didn't get to hear the love theme. That was played the night I went, and it was fabulous... except for the guy behind me who couldn't stop telling his girlfriend how much he knew about FF4.

I beat him up and stole his lunch money later, though, so it was cool.