Plan change: BBQ when Neko & Ash visit

Bahamut

So I invite OCRers & friends to come to my new place on August 15th for a nice barbeque! As long as nobody is of the type to trash my place that is. I will have a nice townhouse to myself when I move in a week from now, and with plenty of space for people to stay overnight if they need to (since travel in the midwest is so lengthy). I have plenty of video games, board games, and card games for entertainment, but feel free to bring any you may be interested in playing!

The Place: Champaign, IL (PM me for a specific address)

Date: Saturday, August 29th

Time: Noon

Side comments: I have a nice TV along with a Wii, 360, and PS3 for gaming, as well as a full Rock Band 2 set (including 2 guitars), and 4 Wiimotes with MotionPlus, 4 classic controllers, and 4 nunchucks. Unfortunately I only have one PS3 controller, and it's a Sixaxis. I don't have terribly many games at the moment, although I do have Wii Sports, Wii Play, Smash Bros. Brawl, BlazBlue, LittleBigPlanet, and will have Wii Resort.

I can have beer available by request I guess, but it would have to be something available in the area, unless you bring some with you. I do have some Absolut vodka, but if you want other hard liquor, you'll have to bring it yourself.

Also, if you are vegetarian, please mention so ahead of time - I could try to prepare a salad & have veggie burgers available. I know Ashamee said she could bring something as she's a vegetarian, although it's always good to know the food preferences ahead of time!

For those omnivores like myself though, there will be plenty of meat to go around from hot dogs to hamburgers/cheeseburgers, to chicken, to even bulgogi! If people want brats I can get some as well. There will of course also be chips, doritos, rice, ice cream, etc., although you're more than welcome to bring desserts or snacks of your choosing.

If people want to do something athletic sometime afterwards, I do have a frisbee here we can toss around, although I'm up for other suggestions as well. More than likely there will be more than enough food for multiple meals.

I highly recommend those staying overnight to bring sleeping bags if possible, as I don't know how many people will end up staying overnight and there're only so many couches/armchairs to sleep in (I want to say 1 or 2 couches & 1 or 2 armchairs, but I won't know for sure until I move in on the 15th).

Those interested in attending:

Audio Fidelity

DarkCecil13

duckyboycantfly

nrr

OA (not definite)

PosiBolt (not definite)

virt & TrueStar

Food people suggested bringing:

I can bring a pan of brownies or cake. I also have large quantities of BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce.

If for some reason you run out of room at your place to house people, there's room for people to crash at my place as well- though you'd still want to bring a blanket/pillow.

I'm not sure whether it's needed or not, but I could also bring another TV (possibly a projector?) and my 360 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I have the inclination to fly out there and make visiting this a birthday present to myself? My bday is the 19th, and I still am not sure what I'm doing, but if I'm doing anything big, it'll be the 14th or 15th. I have to think, but honestly, a great birthday present would be to see all y'alls smiling faces and begin to conclude summer the right way.

Edit: If I decide to, I'm going to kidnap Prophet and Avaris and take them in my luggage with me. And no, I will not poke airholes or put any bubble-wrap padding.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping it up - BBQ is still on! I've just been on the internet sporadically while on the east coast, but now I'm back in Illinois. I have a little more cleanup left that's contingent on my landlord moving two items out, so everything should be nice and ready.

For those interested in sleeping over - I highly recommend bringing blankets and/or sleeping bags, since the AC can make it quite cool in the morning to say the least. I *could* raise the temperature for the apartment for the night if people so desire though.

Sounds like a ROADTRIP... except I think Sporknight works on Saturday mornings... and neither of us have transportation...

8-O

Bahaha wrong Prophet, Prophet! Y'know, I'm either just gonna call him Brad or TPoM (kinda like T-pain...great, now I wanna watch autotune the news 2 again).

Yeah, I had people telling me to stick around for my Bday weekend so I can't come out for this :( but my undying love for Wes and BBQ should be enough to get us all through this emotional moment...

Aww, Wes, thanks for thinking of us. We'll get something going soon, I promise. I wish we could make it for the initial cookout, but don't worry, I'm sure we can stop by either before we move or in the process of moving. I'd love to see your new place. You should take pictures.