Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 ...Dealbreaker?...

Reign

Team ninja has replaced some of the blood and gore for a blue essence/smoke looking effect to make the game less bloody. Many people think this will detract from the game and cause them to not buy this game even though they completely enjoyed NGII.

I personaly have become somehow sickly attracted to he blood and gore(of this game) because of NGII but I am looking forward to the change, and plan to buy this game somewhere near release date.

I'm not a huge fan of over the top blood and gore in video games per say, however; I agree that it has a strange appeal in Ninja Gaiden II and I'm a huge fan of the game. As long as the dynamics of Ryu's viciousness aren't altered by the blue essence (rather than the blood) I think it will be a positive change.

In any case I'm anticipating Sigma II earnestly.

Cripes, what the hell, Ninja Gaiden II had too much blood? Video games didn't have blood back in the early days (the game only had blood in very few cut scenes, like when you kill Jaquio, or when Robert dies), so how could you say it had too much blood?!

Great oldskool game, nonetheless - one of the great games on NES :).

:tomatoface:

I'd say if you haven't played it on the 360 already, definitely grab this one as it seems to be the definitive version. Although as appealing as it might seem to play as Ayane, Momiji and Sarah what with all the movesets and weapons that Ryu has in NG2 already, I can't help but think that they're just pallet swaps and I'm too old to be swayed by T&A in games anymore...

Still, grab if you've never played NG2.

Team ninja has replaced some of the blood and gore for a blue essence/smoke looking effect to make the game less bloody. Many people think this will detract from the game and cause them to not buy this game even though they completely enjoyed NGII.

You know.

While it says a lot about those self-appointed moral guardians that many of them seem to think violence is acceptable as long as the stuff that leaks out when you cut a living creature in half isn't red...

...it also says a lot about gamers that they're prepared to completely write off a game that they would otherwise really enjoy just because the stuff that leaks out when you cut a living creature in half isn't red.

You know.

While it says a lot about those self-appointed moral guardians that many of them seem to think violence is acceptable as long as the stuff that leaks out when you cut a living creature in half isn't red...

...it also says a lot about gamers that they're prepared to completely write off a game that they would otherwise really enjoy just because the stuff that leaks out when you cut a living creature in half isn't red.

Good point -- But have you seen NGII. It's far and away the most graphic violence in a video game I've ever seen. In fact I would speculate part of the reason they are reducing the amount of blood is because in some parts of the game there was so much of it that it lagged the X Box.

I don't think the ps3 would have any more of a problem processing the same thing as the xbox. I do think however the sales of NGII were effected by the amount of blood and violence so they toned it down. Perhaps they should have just given an intensity option. An option to turn the blue smoke to blood and how many particles were produced when somthing was dismembered. As I said though they did not 'remove' blood from the game just toned it down in a few ways the blood splatters still hit the ground and walls. Personaly I wouldnt have minded them leaving the blood from dismemberment but the blood splatters were rediculous(10 gallons+ per person) in NGII.