OCR01870 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney "Holiday with Mia Fey"

djpretzel

Excellent job. This makes me think of a summer spent chilling with friends at the beach, not a care in the world, and most certainly not stuck at home in the oppressive desert heat, with all of my friends either on vacation or living in different states/countries.

Er, not that I meant to turn this review into a vent.

Fantastic stuff! Makes me feel good inside. Just a nice atmosphere created altogether with the mixture of instruments, the drumming peaking at all the right places, and inspired bass lines. The ending made me go "...what?" but besides that, it's getting its own CD. :)

Edit: Also, a crisper key change would have been real nice. But still, I love it.

Definitely feeling the jpop vibe djp talks about in the review. I guess it's because of the happy melody and the guitars; the remix sounds like something you'd find on an Every Little Thing album.

The arrangement of the source tune is very nice, too. Captures the spirit of the original, just like eZ said.

Nice layering in the intro. . .

I agree the ending kind of comes right when I can really enjoy the theme. .

And I'm definetly interested throughout I'm on my fifth play as we speak.

Or, as I speak. .

Thanks for busting out such a nice summer song! Schools out !!!

Oh this is a really fun mix. So bright and happy. I love the rich layered sound of this, and you worked really well with the original source material (one of my favorite tracks of the series).

I'm a huge fan of all things Phoenix Wright and I love the remixes you've done from this series so far. Really looking forward to more from you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Holiday with Mia Fey ranks among my overall favorites on OCR. There is just something about it that makes me feel just a little better when I really listen to it. It also helps that I enjoy the original version and this expands on that, producing something that surpasses the original in my opinion. I found the arrangement to be solid from start to finish, even the conclusion, which I thought brought the music to a satisfying end.

All in all, one of my favorite offerings here on OCR, and I look forward to any future remixes by OA, whether they are Phoenix Wright-based or not.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01870 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney "Holiday with Mia Fey"