Futurama recast? Say it isn't so...

Toadofsky

Let's lay out a couple of facts real quick.

1. ALL the major voice actors are being replaced by ones who will accept lower salaries.

2. In the recent interview with John DiMaggio, he has expressed very fond feelings for the show. Other voice actors, based on interviews taken long before this whole "Futurama actor replacement" thing, have shown similar feelings for the show as well, though feelings may have faded with time.

If it were one actor who was being cut out because of salary demands, I could understand calling the actor unsentimental, greedy, or just bored of the show. However, because it is the ENTIRE cast of leads who is being replaced, and because of the fact that they (most likely) LIKE the show and harbor sentimentality of some kind towards it, I can only guess that Fox is being REALLY stingy on salary. Why else would the whole cast's salary get denied?

As far as what will actually happen, I think that both sides, fox and the actors, are sitting on their heels for the moment, waiting to see what one or the other will do. Meanwhile, fans get worked up and Fox appears to be getting hate mail like crazy. I figure at least a few of the old actors will cave and accept lower salary, or Fox will give in and give them what they want (deserve in my opinion).

I think it's still being made by Fox and it is airing on Comedy Central. I think the reason they won't pay as much is because Comedy Central doesn't get as many viewers, that or they don't get as much money per viewer. I don't really remember which.

Well apparently at Comic Con, the original cast didn't show. Groening only said that they were working it out with the actors.

And from the sound of it, they asked John Dimaggio about it, and pretty much gave a "No Comment" response.

I really don't think the cast is coming back after all... One can only hope...

Well apparently at Comic Con, the original cast didn't show. Groening only said that they were working it out with the actors.

And from the sound of it, they asked John Dimaggio about it, and pretty much gave a "No Comment" response.

I really don't think the cast is coming back after all... One can only hope...

Yeah, I'd heard that too. Makes this hero a sad hero. :|

• 2 weeks later...