OCRA-0014 - Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption

I got my copy just now and digging it LOUD here in the middle of an arctic breeze and polar bears!!! This is just brilliant stuff, the art work and all :D superb job OA and other people. My favourite tracks after quite a few listens would be

-Theme of love for guitar duet

-Read the sine (just sweet)

-Somewhere to hide

-Finale part two, took a while to get used to but has grown to be a very neat peace of music.

Tru dat!

I've put in almost 2000 listens to this album's tracks combined, and I have to say that "The Skies Hold No Angels for Us" is the best, without a contest. Completely moody, atmospheric, and downright-beautiful at times. It didn't quite hit me with the first listen, but by the 50th listen I'm pretty sure it's become one of my all-time favorite rock songs! Brilliant job, audio fidelity and Level 99 :-D

Hey, thanks a lot, man. It's greatly appreciated, and I'm glad you enjoy the rock!

Edit: I got my physical copies in the mail yesterday, and thankfully the only damage suffered was one of them having the little holdie-bits in the center of the disc break in one case. <3 to OA!

I got my copy just now and digging it LOUD here in the middle of an arctic breeze and polar bears!!! This is just brilliant stuff, the art work and all :D superb job OA and other people. My favourite tracks after quite a few listens would be

-Theme of love for guitar duet

-Read the sine (just sweet)

-Somewhere to hide

-Finale part two, took a while to get used to but has grown to be a very neat peace of music.

I gotta say ilpO, I really friggin enjoyed your songs btw. They were really refreshing and radical. Seriously dude, way awesome work.

I'm just curious...is there a way to get physical copies of the album, or is it only the contributing artists that get physical copies? After listening to several of the tracks of the album, I really want it...the only problem is: Bittorrent has been giving me a bunch of shit lately and it downloads so slow that it would take three years for the album to download, and I don't know anything about Ports to fix it...if it's possible to get the CD's I'd rather do it that way...especially since I don't have to worry about losing a Physical copy as much as an MP3

I see, well thanks for the intel...I'll get in touch with one of the site staff and see if I could buy one...a CD set that size retails for $30-50.00 and I'd be willing to pay shipping as well, physical copies are just better for me because I tend to have problems with iTunes losing MP3's and having to redownload them.

I'm just curious...is there a way to get physical copies of the album, or is it only the contributing artists that get physical copies? After listening to several of the tracks of the album, I really want it...the only problem is: Bittorrent has been giving me a bunch of shit lately and it downloads so slow that it would take three years for the album to download, and I don't know anything about Ports to fix it...if it's possible to get the CD's I'd rather do it that way...especially since I don't have to worry about losing a Physical copy as much as an MP3

is there a reason you can't just either direct-download it or use google to make utorrent (bittorrent sucks) work?

It's personal preference, I think it's collector worthy, music I value in high regard I simply don't like just copying the tracks and throwing them on any old CD...

I'm getting Winamp anyway to stream the OCradio station, however, I have to use iTunes, I have an old iPod and it won't put music on it without iTunes.

OA?

i don't think it's legit to sell anything - cause it's non-profit and we'd be breaking those terms

and oa doesn't have the physical - djp does

and i still think it's stupid we don't have a full album mp3 download - i sure wouldn't want to download all the 40+ tracks individually if i didn't want to use the torrent and download over a gig of stuff

i don't think it's legit to sell anything - cause it's non-profit and we'd be breaking those terms

and oa doesn't have the physical - djp does

and i still think it's stupid we don't have a full album mp3 download - i sure wouldn't want to download all the 40+ tracks individually if i didn't want to use the torrent and download over a gig of stuff

The torrent is multi-file. If you only want the MP3s, just select those in your client.

OCR doesn't sell the albums, but we do give some out, which is in line with the site's policy about keeping the music free. In addition to the trivia contest mentioned here, we've given out some copies of the album at conventions. That's probably the best way to get your hands on one - come to our panels! There are a limited number of copies, of course, so no guarantees.

It's personal preference, I think it's collector worthy, music I value in high regard I simply don't like just copying the tracks and throwing them on any old CD...

I'm getting Winamp anyway to stream the OCradio station, however, I have to use iTunes, I have an old iPod and it won't put music on it without iTunes.

OA?

OA is his username.

Slowpoking on getting to this album, but I wanted to give my input. Torrented this almost right after it came out just because I think Final Fantasy music and I go download it, and there have been a lot of great things that have come out of this site. Now I was a little hesitant about this album because FFIV is actually pretty low on my list of FFs that I like and I didn't really find the music to be all that memorable. But I download anyway. First thing that catches my eye is the The Ana(pro)logue. I think, "Yes! Another remix of one of the best tracks in this series!" I was psyched. I saw that Another Soundscape remixed it and was glad because I remember his track Too Much Fighting off of Voices of the Lifestream and I really liked that. I couldn't bring myself to finish this track. I was so put off by the way this one track went I didn't listen to the rest of this album until a few days ago. I remembered I'd had it, cleared some space on my iPod and uploaded it.

First thing that comes to mind was as I was listening to this, on a couple of the tracks, I had to stop and look at who the mixer was, "Is this...? Yup, it's bLiNd." Guy's probably my favorite mixer on this site, so I noticed the level of quality of his tracks immediately. As always, I was happy with them, Golbez 'N Goblins, Path of Deception and Bridge to Eternity were all excellent. Full of Courage, The Might of Baron, Tellah's Prophecy, Metal Mage, and Treason were also tracks that caught my ears' attention. And of course Genesis of Destruction (Which is a wonderful title, by the way. Kudos to whoever came up with it.).

Other than that, I was on the whole underwhelmed by this. It probably has to do with the fact that I'm not a terribly big fan of the game itself so the music doesn't really invoke some sort of positive emotional response out of me like Voices of the Lifestream did or a Final Fantasy I album might. Good effort by all involved, though. I can recognize the talent put into this even if I didn't like most of it, and there was definitely a lot of that.

Well, that's okay, I'll just email djp and get the stuff I need for it later, mainly album art/CD label art...I'll probably just download it all and burn it...

(and I don't hate torrents, I hate waiting on Bittorrent)

If I uploaded a rar or zip of the tracks, would that help? It honestly probably wouldn't be that much faster than the torrents, though.

Check the ID3 tags. I'm using WinAmp to view them with View File Info (Alt-3). The MP3s have them in the ID3v2 tags in the Comment space. The FLACs have them under the Advanced tab in the COMMENT property.

If you're using WinAmp, I recommend using the FLAC version to read it because the Comment space for MP3s is only 3 lines high. The window for FLAC properties is 10 lines high and a little wider.

I wish I checked out Phantom of the Zeromus earlier! I mean, I understand the more rock opera approach of the actual track on the album, but this comes off as more operatic (possibly due to the non-cookie monster vocals, guitar, and kick drum), and I wish those involved could have pursued it further (it sounds a little rough?). And, alright, the male vocals sound a little strange but they work pretty well.

Path of Deception is really engaging. I'm most impressed by its structure, and of course its amazing sound. I was a little put off by its more minimal buildup (when compared to Bridge to Eternity), but once you get into the meat, it takes you places.

Evoking the Dawn is my favorite rendition of Prelude + Rydia. Pretty moving stuff.

The Flying Machine... wow. It weaves together three (four?) themes so perfectly. The orchestration is good, great production too. I wish it were longer, but I fear it would overstay its welcome if it were much longer.

Eminence Grise and Genesis of Destruction have grown on me - an eerie, then epic culmination of everything leading up to the ending of the album.

...and Kind of Green? I am not sure what the hell's the deal with the title, but I like it for relaxation purposes. It's sort of like a happy ending to a good story. Much like FF4's. Cool.