OCR01876 - Final Fantasy IV "Golbez'n Goblins"

djpretzel

Good stuff Jordan!, I <3 this track and FFIV. The build up at 1:46 after the transition there, reminds me of some Daft Punk and i <3 it.

The album as a whole is splendid and i couldn't ask for anything more epic.

Long Live the OCR!

Good job, great album release. Good luck in the future.

Hey guys, if you like bLiNd so much... check this track out!

http://www.kongregate.com/collabs/sounds/Tenjii/holy-symphony?sort=by_rating_this_week

If you want, you can register (it's not the enter your information and click a link on your e-mail kind of register) and vote for bLiNd! This song he made isn't the bLiNd you know. He also can do rock and orchestra. He will post future tracks of such work. :-P

Well the organs in the original sound kind of halloweenish, and scary or something. But yea deadmau5 has a certain song that actually inspired the sound more than the title :P

I nude it! I wasnt going to say anything though. But yeah, I definitely heard/saw the reference. By no means a rip-off or anything, but a nice, juicy accompaniment to be heard together.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is probably my least favorite bLiNd mix from FFIV, not because it's a bad song, but just because the other two are so damn good :-P Still, given the source tune I never would have guessed that it would eventually be taken in this direction! That aspect is probably the most astounding part of this remix! :-D

The vocal samples didn't feel as well-utilized as they were in Path of Deception, but they don't bring the mix down by much. The drums at :13 and elsewhere in the mix, on the other hand, are just awesome :-) I dunno why they stick with me as much as they do, but it's a great effect and probably my favorite part about this song!

Glad this got on the project - even as my least favorite of Jordan's mixes from Echoes, it's still really damn good!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmmm.....I could have sworn I reviewed this already, Oh well. The beginning sets up those good ol' spooky organs right before the next minute and a half shows just how good this guy is! Nice head nodding tune. Then it changes to the section with the voices clips and for some reason I was reminded of 2 Unlimited. Love the voice clips! And then to go back to the head nodding beat again finishes up the track nicely. Damn good ReMix, here. Oh, yeah, I could hear the Deadmau5 style in some parts, but that's a great thing.

• 2 months later...

bLiNd, you have a lot to answer for!

I first heard this over a year ago, and previously turned my nose up at "electro-house" thinking it was all un-tss and no skill. How wrong I was. This track is so amazing, it's very close to what I'd consider the "perfect song". I've since listened to it hundreds of times and it NEVER GETS BORING. I can wake up any day, in any mood, and when I think what to play, this will always be in the forefront of my mind, and usually be heard at least once during the day. It's also essential on the rare occasion I hit the gym (it counts for a full quarter of my exercise time you know!). It's got me into a whole new genre of music, and started me seriously thinking about making this style of music. I'm still learning, but I do try and apply techniques you used here to my own music, and it sounds a lot better for it. I suppose this is more of a thank you than a review, but seriously I'm so glad you created this and shared it. It's a masterpiece.

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01876 - Final Fantasy IV "Golbez'n Goblins"