Musicians wanted for original RPG score

jordanroher

Your heroine looks pretty friggin' hot for 46 years old. But it does sound like a neat game concept. I like the art style in particular.

I can't help out with music or anything (unless you possibly need some hand-drawn stuff), but I look forward to seeing more from this project.

Your heroine looks pretty friggin' hot for 46 years old.

*laughs*

Getting Sara right was a huge challenge. She has to be a mother, a mature woman, but also hot enough to star as an RPG heroine and possibly grace the box art. You're not playing as The Nameless One's wife. As you can see, I asked my artist to err on the side of "too hot."

Meteo Xavier: I have received your e-mail. I'm actually drowning in responses from OCRemix people, and I'm having trouble getting back to everyone. Your patience is appreciated.

Wow, that was amazing. I've received a dozen responses after posting just one week ago. Thank you all for your interest and time spent to send me samples of your work. Let me be clear and state that I read every email, every PM, every post, and listened to every sample everyone sent, even if I didn't send a reply. Yes, I read yours. That was my entire weekend. There's so much talent here that picking just one was quite a challenge. For etiquette's sake I won't name the person at this time. I've made a donation of $100 to Overclocked Remix as thanks.

RPGs have been my favorite genre since the original Dragon Warrior on the NES. Working on my own has been a dream for many years, so it's very gratifying to see other people enjoy my concept. This is not a RPG Maker game; I'm programming everything myself, the effort required to do so sometimes making me wish I could put this together with an automated tool.

I'll be at PAX 2009 with a playable demo of Flare's combat system, assuming Tycho and Gabe don't kick me out. If you're heading to Seattle then, email me at jordanroher@gmail.com and you can hear what we've been up to.

Jordan Roher

Wow, that was amazing. I've received a dozen responses after posting just one week ago. Thank you all for your interest and time spent to send me samples of your work. Let me be clear and state that I read every email, every PM, every post, and listened to every sample everyone sent, even if I didn't send a reply. Yes, I read yours. That was my entire weekend. There's so much talent here that picking just one was quite a challenge. For etiquette's sake I won't name the person at this time. I've made a donation of $100 to Overclocked Remix as thanks.

RPGs have been my favorite genre since the original Dragon Warrior on the NES. Working on my own has been a dream for many years, so it's very gratifying to see other people enjoy my concept. This is not a RPG Maker game; I'm programming everything myself, the effort required to do so sometimes making me wish I could put this together with an automated tool.

I'll be at PAX 2009 with a playable demo of Flare's combat system, assuming Tycho and Gabe don't kick me out. If you're heading to Seattle then, email me at jordanroher@gmail.com and you can hear what we've been up to.

Jordan Roher

Definitely amazing to see you donate $100. On behalf of all the OCR staff, thank you! I hope you found exactly what you were looking for. :)

Donating was my pleasure. As you might guess, I came across your site after news of the superb FFIV remix hit the popular gaming blogs. If you want to attract more people like me, you know what to do.

And yes, I am completely serious about getting this game created. I'll confess that this isn't a massive RPG, so don't expect a six-year development time with multiple engine changes. If you're not playing Flare by Christmas 2011, something terrible must have happened.

The musician I found here has been very prompt and professional; I think we'll get along swimmingly. I'll try to pop in with news whenever I can, but writing a game from scratch is terribly uninteresting. The game announcements you see six months before launch are to keep you from dying of boredom. I don't have that luxury.

Still, I'm not deaf to the persistent. If you are, or know, a bored C# programmer; sprite artist; or creative writer... Sara Winter and I would like your help.

Thanks again,

Jordan Roher

jordanroher@gmail.com