OCR01877 - Final Fantasy IV "Fallen Dragoon"

djpretzel

When I heard this on the teaser a while back, this was actually one of the tracks that stood out to me. I was all "Ooo" and couldn't wait to hear the rest. I'm very happy that the track in its entirety didn't disappoint me *at all*. It's beautiful, and I love the atmosphere of it. It really captures the betrayal theme imo, and this really works for Kain to me.

I've been a fan of AeroZ's music since his ReMix of the Sub Castle stuff from Super Mario... but this blows it out of the water. Before blowing it off the land and into the sky.

Brilliant mix, Sebastian. I usually wait to hear more, but this is more than satisfying for a long while. :<

If you teach me to play cello I'll let you take me to level 100. I promise I wont struggle next MAGfest.

I've noticed that many of AeroZ's tracks contain very emotive strings and synth selections, if not on a bit of the goofy side sometimes. This track, however, seems to have none of the goofiness like in his Overture ~ Tellah's Prophecy track. The live strings are nearly heart-wrenching and the mastering meshes the instrumental selections together throughout the entire song in a way that you can't help but feel immersed in the emotion conveyed. The first time I listened I was pretty speechless. KEEP IT UP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AeroZ, you are a master of taking your songs to new levels of creativity while still keeping them accessible and not too weird. It satisfies my craving for unique, unconventional blends of musical styles, but I've also passed this song around to a few friends that have more mainstream, traditional tastes and they've loved it, too. That's quite a testament to your musical vision and ability :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing work with textures in this one. A thick tapestry of unconventional sounds molding into one another. It's mad scientist stuff. I'm just glad someone had the stones to marry digital retro and acoustic classical, and even more blown away by how well it works.

I think even moreso than the very unique and absolutely stunning instrumentation and performance work in this piece, I'm really loving the arrangement. It's not everyday you get something understated and chock full of ranges and tones. This really does go on it's own personal, deranged sonic adventure, and I was with it every step of the way.

The cello work in this alone makes this one of the most professional sounding mixes to be released here, but it is the other major foundations of the track that exude the most brilliance for me. This mix does a lot of things in its running time, but it does not disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally. What I came to hear: Cello. Opening sounds good. Intonation is solid, which is always impressive. Sure enough, the chiptune lead makes it's appearance soon after. The drums, while groovy, start out a little more mellow than some of your other percussion tracks. It almost has a latin feel to it. The orchestral stabs in the middle are sex-ellent! Very Hans Zimmer. It sounds fantastic. The cello and lead synth playing in unison is pretty hawt. A little intonation issues in there, but it's not bad at all. The constant changes in dynamics keeps it moving and interesting. Excellent track mate. Looking forward to hearing future subs!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Wasn't really feeling the cello in the intro, but the electronic entrance was pretty cool. Around 1:44 is pretty nice; The incorporation of strings back into the electronica was sweet,  really cool how the lead and cello interact. It reminds me of forbidden love for some reason. Good stuff, an interesting mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01877 - Final Fantasy IV "Fallen Dragoon"