SGX - dark/vaguely ethnic groove 6/8 time

sgx

Three hours of sketch work tonight. Sounds vaguely Prince of Persia esque but with synthies :). It's in 6/8 time (or 6/4, or I don't know...educate me if you know how to determine).

I've asked a friend of mine if he wants to jam out on his guitar for this. If not, I'll probably look for someone around OCR.

Stream it here: http://twt.fm/215804

Edit, I'm starting to think this is a slowish 4/4 time, just phrased in groups of 3's and 6's. Hmmm.

OH hai, responses.

This track has gotten 800% more awesome in the interem. Get ready for face rocking, sometime before 2010. Probably holding this for some sort of album/EP release, so no more public previews.

Yeah, I would definitely say, if you didn't hear the drums, it would be 3/4 or 6/8, but the drums are definitely 4/4 in groups of 3. Dunnno. I've got a few other tracks that do stuff like this (Deep Breath, Adjusting to Reality). It's fun to mess with stuff like that.

My friend responded and sounds interested in blasting guitar all over this track.