Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed - History

halc

cover500.jpg

Final tracklisting:

01. A, B, C, Start! (halc, OA)

02. The Sound of Speed (OA, Scaredsim)

03. Shifting Islands (halc, Insixfour, ProtoDome)

04. Subsonic Sparkle (GaMeBoX)

05. Spring Junkie (halc)

06. Bubble Junkie (Benjamin Briggs)

07. Fifty Rings to Ride (Joshua Morse)

08. Under Construction (DrumUltimA, Harmony)

09. Hogtied (Brandon Strader, Rexy)

10. Caos (José the Bronx Rican)

11. Clockwork Criminal (WillRock)

12. Final Progression (Jewbei)

13. A Hog in His Prime (Brandon Strader, halc, WillRock)

Total time: 50:47

My deepest thanks to everyone who helped made this album a reality. Please look forward to the release. :D

Sounds like a neat idea, it's always good to hear new remixes of the Sonic 1 songs. I'm looking forward to this album.

It would be fun to join, but I'm still a newbie with music so I'll just leave it to the more professionals. :<

I approve of this and have been waiting a long time for the Sonic the Hedgehog remix venture to come along. I wish you all best of luck. :-)

Edit: I'm no remixer or web page designer, but I'd still like to try and assist in whatever way possible...

Hi there!

Can I claim Starlight Zone?

I did have a mix which I'd like to rework for the project.

It was called StArZ and is on some Russian site somewhere (was on VGMix 2.0) - will link you to it when I'm properly online again (next month).

One question - will you also be including the game gear tracks? I do have a Bridge Zone mix which I could also rework. But of course, as long as I has dibs on Starlight I'm a happy bunnyface.

:)

Hi there!

Can I claim Starlight Zone?

I did have a mix which I'd like to rework for the project.

It was called StArZ and is on some Russian site somewhere (was on VGMix 2.0) - will link you to it when I'm properly online again (next month).

One question - will you also be including the game gear tracks? I do have a Bridge Zone mix which I could also rework. But of course, as long as I has dibs on Starlight I'm a happy bunnyface.

:)

My bad, I had Scrap Brain listed as DrumUltimA's track - that was supposed to be Star Light. At this time it's reserved for him.

As far as the game gear tracks go, I'm not planning on including any.

bump

If anyone is interested in Spring Yard, let me know. chthonic is *interested* in mixing this track, but he doesn't really have the means to do so at the moment.

That leaves Spring Yard and Special Stage still unclaimed (Jose special stage plz?)

Ending medley is unclaimed as well, but i'm not really sure myself about this one. Can anyone do a good medley?

Also, looking for someone to produce a promotional sig graphic and album art. PM me or post here.

I agree, This is a long-overdue project. Thought about doing it myself eventually, but it wouldn't have been anytime soon. Things are already looking good, so I hope it's a success! As far as medleys, look to DoD regulars like Prince of Darkness, Dr. Manhattan, or norg. They would do no wrong.

Also:

Green Hill Zone - claimed by OA

Scrap Brain Zone - claimed by bLiNd

Fucking AWESOME.