Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed - History

halc

Props to GaMeBoX, because I loved his "Robotnik Radio."

And since the last week off I had didn't get me back into music-making (mostly because of videos), I must try again next week when I'm off and getting ready for PAX East. Interestingly enough, I had a brainstorm when I saw GaMeBoX and halc and Willrock in the artist lineup today, and I'm taking my WIP in a new direction more consistent with their sound. I may end up with real avant-garde bossa nova. :)

Props to GaMeBoX, because I loved his "Robotnik Radio."

And since the last week off I had didn't get me back into music-making (mostly because of videos), I must try again next week when I'm off and getting ready for PAX East. Interestingly enough, I had a brainstorm when I saw GaMeBoX and halc and Willrock in the artist lineup today, and I'm taking my WIP in a new direction more consistent with their sound. I may end up with real avant-garde bossa nova. :)

sounds awesome, i'm very excited to hear it!

anyway, a little project update: there will be no bonus tracks, but i just had to open up another spot for GaMeBoX.

that said, (and this is just a concept, but) this album is sort of going to play out in 'acts' - 'act 1' consisting of the opening, Green Hill and Marble; 'act 2' being Spring Yard, Labyrinth and Starlight; and 'act 3' being Scrap Brain, Robotnik and Final Zone, then closing out with the credits medley. the special stage theme will act as a motif of sorts, with a special stage remix between each act (since there's two special stages in each zone :P). several other remixes also feature cameos of the special stage theme.

anyway, things are sounding pretty awesome so far, and i hope to have a preview ready for everyone in April! :D

that said, (and this is just a concept, but) this album is sort of going to play out in 'acts' - 'act 1' consisting of the opening, Green Hill and Marble; 'act 2' being Spring Yard, Labyrinth and Starlight; and 'act 3' being Scrap Brain, Robotnik and Final Zone, then closing out with the credits medley. the special stage theme will act as a motif of sorts, with a special stage remix between each act (since there's two special stages in each zone :P). several other remixes also feature cameos of the special stage theme.

Honestly, halc. I think you've been making a LOT of clever moves on this project.

• 2 weeks later...