Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed - History

halc

hmm? every track in each of the previews will be on the final album. there are no bonus songs.

(also, there's no spring yard mix in the second preview.. although there is in the first!)

Uhm.... I got confused with star light and spring yard sorry... :)

Hah, good! :D

I caved and listened to the 2nd preview, and now I'm almost 100% certain that your collab is gonna be my favorite on the project :-) I'm almost tempted to ask halc for the full version now just because I'm impatient, but... I'll refrain.

Just wanted to let you know that what I did hear of your mix really spoke to me and calmed me down in a major way :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to the second preview and I was dreaming about my childhood8O, I can't wait for this I know from now that this album will be one of my favorites, plus one of my favorite remixers are HALC and CHTHONIC best thing of all the remix is to have the lovely original memories. Good Luck on this wonderful album :D

• 4 weeks later...
First it'll be The Root of All Evil. Then The Fabled Warriors: Water Volume, then Threshold of a Dream, then The MissingNo Tracks, then The Sound of Speed. Right?

Essentially, yes. Not sure if that's the final release order, but Larry confirmed all of those with me except FF5.

Also, Around the World: Super Dodge Ball is on that list (after everything else.)

First it'll be The Root of All Evil. Then The Fabled Warriors: Water Volume, then Threshold of a Dream, then The MissingNo Tracks, then The Sound of Speed. Right?

there's not much basis to assume when any project is going to come out... I'm pretty sure DS's FF5 schedule slated WATER for early 2011. I'm assuming this will have to wait until 2011 as well, as TA, zelda and missingno are seemingly finished and on the way.

i'm gonna do the best i can on my end to keep the wait from being unbearably long.. i'll keep you guys updated on the status of the project.

anyway, look forward to the eventual release! everyone really brought their A-game to this project, and I think you guys will be very impressed with the quality :D

Not to mention that more albums are nearing finished production. The Projects board seems really diligent lately, which raises the question: What would happen if, for way too long, the rate of finished projects outdid the rate of releases, and there was a stack of a dozen finished projects that had yet to be released?

Not to mention that more albums are nearing finished production. The Projects board seems really diligent lately, which raises the question: What would happen if, for way too long, the rate of finished projects outdid the rate of releases, and there was a stack of a dozen finished projects that had yet to be released?

i'd imagine OCR would catch up with the queue of projects at some point and there would be another lull, as we've experienced before. it really depends on how fast we can wrap up post-production on each project and schedule a release. it'd definately be great to reach a point where we're releasing albums at a nice steady pace, without too much wait, though.

of course, this is all just mindless speculation :P