OCR01108 - Super Mario RPG, SMB, MP3, SMW, MP2 & YS "Mario's Tropical Paradise"

djpretzel

I can easily picture this remix in the background of the next mario game. This is QUALITY work. An excellent tune. One thing bugs me a little though. The sounds are awesome, but in the back of my head there´s a voice saying these sound a bit "midish". I have a thing about soundfonts. I´d never use them myself, cause from what i´ve experienced they often sound like GM. Well, that´s just me maybe...

BUT this is a kickass song and the sounds are great also. I love this. The sounds remind me of the sounds of the original mario bits, and maybe thats why this could be from an official mario game. And that of course is a good thing.

Grreat...

5/5

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely incredible. I usually despise Uber mixes, but this one feels like it should be the menu music to tne next Mario adventure. Most assuredly, one of the best Mario ReMixes I've heard to date. The transitions are smooth, the instruments are well-chosen and used, and the pacing is extremely balanced so as to give proper homage to each theme presented. The Yoshi ending struck me a little sideways at first, but it's tropical roots definitely tied everything together for the themes this peice had. I'll give it twelve Kuribo's shoes out of fourteen. Why twelve and not five? Because Kuribo's shoes make up for their lack of usefulness and frequency with sheer coolness. That's why. :? Trust me.

...but hasn't this one been around for a while?

Maybe I downloaded it as a work-in-progress...

In case I didn't get the point across with the subject of my post, I do love this mix very heartily. Seamless medley (well, almost) with playful snatches of recognizable themes sprinkled at just the right points. Key changes combined with the ambient sound make for an immersive mix that's playful and fruity, while also remaining a high-talent, polished work.

This is my current fave!

• 3 weeks later...

I completely forgot I had this song until it came up on random playlist. This sounds perfect and professional; absolutely beautiful work. This is a definite "get up and dance" song if there ever was one. Just listening to it again makes me smile. I particularly loved the SMRPG intro part. Keep up the incredible work!

This remix is stunning. This remix is the sole reason I ever came to this site in the first place. I am no stranger to Dr. Fruitcake's work. As a matter of fact, I am listening to "Ridley's Revenge," also by the great Doctor, as I write this! It's a long story, but I actually came to this site from a FRENCH site. That French site had a remix page with about 30-50 great pieces, but this one was my favorite, HANDS-DOWN. At any rate, I loved this song, and noticed the "ocremix" blurb under the listed song. I decided to pay this site a visit, and badda-bing, badda-boom! But I digress. :roll:

I am amazed every time I listen to this remix at the flawlessness of it all. It sounds very professional, and it's a perfect medley of some of my favorite video game music. Anyway, Dr. Fruitcake is my hero, and this remix ROCKS. (Now listening to: The Occasional Beat (Strong Bad), by... Dr. Fruitcake! What a strange coincidence. :P )

I'm familiar with that which Dr. Fruitcake has done, and, of course, this is his best. In fact, I'm positive that this is my favorite mix on the whole of the site. I tip my red hat with an "M" on it, Doctor. Aside from my obsession with anything tropical, this peice alone stands alone as simply incredible. When I heard the Super Mario World credits theme, a feeling in my gut started to affect my emotions, and then when I heard the Mario Party 2 Western Land music in a full-fledge steel drum/xylophone/vibraphone combo, I nearly started crying. But that's just how I react to that kind of stuff... The sound quality is some of the best on the site. The transitions from song to song are artful.

I burned this remix and blast it in my car.

• 2 weeks later...

i love this remix, it starts right away with a theme (the tropical idea), and sticks with it. The author does not throw in random instruments that dont fit. Also, the Dr. Mario Cameo is awesome. When i listen to this remix i feel like making myself a strawberry daquiri and pouring sand on my feet.

THIS IS THE BEST!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this one...it brings me back to my vacation paradise in Hawaii (it was a nice two weeks).... Anyways, It has several famous mario songs in it along with an abundance of instruments all equally realistic. You can also watch in your mind all of mario's history unravel as the song plays through. My rating: awsomely good. :D

• 3 months later...
I have to know, what is the theme that enters at 2:00? That's my favorite part when almost everything drops out right there.

That's the theme from SMW (SNES) after you beat the game and the credits roll. I have to say, that's probly my favorite part as well. And I LOVE the instramntation throughout!

9.5/10...only b/c the replay value is iffy. Still very well done! :)

• 4 weeks later...

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

I'm new here, but it's absolutely AMAZING what you guys can do with you talents! I'm also a musician (just play for myself out of fun...keyboard) but this song seriously made tears come to my eyes and laughs of joy at parts! It's so melodic in parts, and it just flows together with harmonies I enjoy so much (4:22, 2:30, heck the WHOLE song!)

It's just great to know there are people out there that can make another person's day so top-notch by listening to something they created! I cant find the word to describe this remix.. 10/10! all the way!

I dl'ed this about...hmmmm...let's see tres days ago and I finally listend to it and...I'll be honest *with crossed fingers behind back*...it is SOO kewl! When I heard the end title music (I guess credits music for short :?: ), I felt all reminiscent and like...awww, I remember my mom was the one who actually beat the game. Yeah, my parents were the one's to stay up until four am playing SNES, realize "we have work tomorrow", then...ya know the story :lol: Anyway, GREAT piece!

~^~Mary_mari's (crappy) seal of approval~^~

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01108 - Super Mario RPG, SMB, MP3, SMW, MP2 & YS "Mario's Tropical Paradise"