OCR01108 - Super Mario RPG, SMB, MP3, SMW, MP2 & YS "Mario's Tropical Paradise"

djpretzel

excellent ReMix. each time I got friends at my home I always put this on and they all enjoy. steel drums really give strong emotions. it's also a long song but it is so various that it is never boring but exciting more and more. you'll never know how it will manage to continue.

doctor Fruitcake is actually my favourite composer here (check also his web page for plenty of other nice stuff).

well... 26/30 is the rank.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this one was really enjoyable. this mix has a silky smooth flow to it and the transitions are excellent. the themes flow musically and the piece tends to go by in a blur if you aren't actually listening to it. all in all this mix gets my stamp of approval. highly recomended. :D

• 3 months later...

Really great. As Dr. Fruitcake said, he did a ReMix of several games like Yoshi's Story, Super Mario World and Super Mario RPG. I like his tropical resources and the arrangement. The instruments are played nicely and keep an enjoyable variation on the transition. Well, I´m feeling a young from an island! :)

• 3 months later...

i agree! this mix is one of the best and should defintly be put in a mario party game. but there is one thing....this song would be absolutely perfect if only the doctor remixed in the Starman theme from you know when Mario gets invincible. that would make it even better!!

• 4 months later...

I picture a CG Cinema where bowser is playin volleyball against mario. It's a nice day. Toad and Yoshi are swimmin just out of shore, Princess Toadstool is in a swimsuit on a beach chair under an umbrella, she has sunglasses on and she's sippin on a classy lemonade.

Bowser's turn to serve, he makes a quick professional like serve and mario returns it back but messes up and the volleyball lands on the princess, causing her to spill her lemonade on herself. She gets up and pounds him into the ground til only his head pops up. Mario is dizzy and confused. 3:40 mins now Toad and Yoshi are on a inflatable raft and they get washed ashore and somehow there's a starfish on toad's head. He panics and rams his big head onto yoshi's side which hurts. Yoshi turns around and gets mad and hints "what's the big deal?" toad is teary eyed and asks him to take the starfish off of him since he cant see what's irritating him (he DOES have a big head so he doesn't know and cant see for himself). Yoshi takes an egg and aims it at Toad's head. He gets the starfish off. Toad is sent flying skyhigh (from the egg's explosion) and he gets picked up by Lakitu and this is where the ending of the song is. Toad gets a view of the whole beach and gives Lakitu 2 coins for the ride.

Lol this song makes me imagine all sorts of other stuff as well. Tell me whatcha think of this story.

As for the song, I rate this one 10/10

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm new here.

When I heard this song, I just had to register and put my opinion :D. This song is just really AMAZING! The variation of the songs and instruments throughout this song is very, very good. I'm quite an game music fanatic, and this song has different songs in it. But I didn't knew where those songs came from because I never heard of them before (f.e. the part that starts from 1:35, also at 2:30), which are also great. Well yea, it is mentioned exactly which songs are in it, but not at which point, so I decided to search for the music from the games that were mentioned :P

As mentioned before by other ppl, my favorite part is also the Super Mario World Credits at 2:00. It just gives me the chills everytime I listen to it. The melody is soo nice! It's truly amazing 8)

From all the songs I have, which are mostly from Mario and Zelda, this song defenietly sticks above the rest imo. The other song from Dr. Fruitcake, Zelda64 Party in the shop, is also very amazingly done. Dr. Fruitcake's remixes are just very pleasant to listen to. Keep up the good work!

This song = MASTERPIECE. 9,5/10 8)

• 2 months later...

Wow. I just got this piece and I must say, it is magnificent. Definitely the best Mario remix I have heard yet. I'm loving the style, the happiness it brings, and the nostalgia of old Mario games. I especially liked the short clip from Dr. Mario (I like your Megavitamin Jazz too) and the vibes, trumpets, steel drums, saxes... it's just awesomeness.

9.5/10 (ending could be improved, but otherwise amazing)

• 6 months later...

It isn't very often one comes across a perfect remix, but I believe this is one. I can think of nothing to add or take away that could possibly improve it. There's so much going on musically; I'm baffled as to how this could happen without giving Dr. Fruitcake at least three strokes, and maybe a heart attack. The inclusion of the Mario RPG opening is nothing short of delicious when put into context. Also, throughout the arrangement, the steel drums are particularly effective, both as backs and melody. Oftentimes, when they're included in a piece, the author makes them roll too often or never. "Mario's Tropical Paradise" strikes a nice balance between the two, putting emphasis on the moving lines without it becoming simply annoying. As a closing thought, I'd like to mention that some of the vibraphone riffs give me chills (in the best way possible), particularly the closing one at 4:44. Excellent. Simply excellent.

• 4 months later...

An incredible remix, really. In my incredibly tired mind, I find little substance to add to this topic, mainly, this was just an attempt to bring this review topic to the front page, where more people are likely to see it (Main OCR page and board page, both). An amazing mix, seriously, I doubt even with good rest that words would be enough to describe what the song on its own could possibly be... Do yourself a favor and download it, listen to it, then hope it will [bear/allow you to bear] [your child/it's child].

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very peppy, bright, and happy mix. I really like this, especially when the Super Mario RPG title theme comes in - I just love that game, so hearing themes from it always make me happy. AND the ending music from SMW! Such a great tune that's often overlooked, I'm glad you popped it in here. You combined some of my very favorite themes into this one ReMix. I'm not as familiar with the Mario Party music (had to look up the description to see what it was) but it's definitely not out of place here.

This is a great tropical-themed Mario piece. The Yoshi's Story theme even works here, although the piano segment right before that comes in seems a little disjointed from the rest of the piece - it's not bad, but it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the rest of the song. Thankfully you get right back to the fun stuff quickly.

There's a great full sound to this piece and the peppy beat just makes me wanna dance! Much better than the themes used in Mario Sunshine - THIS should've been the Isle Delfino theme! Very reminiscent of the Smash Bros. medley stuff too - excellent and a delight to listen to.

• 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01108 - Super Mario RPG, SMB, MP3, SMW, MP2 & YS "Mario's Tropical Paradise"