OCR01879 - Final Fantasy IV "In the Land of Dwarves"

djpretzel

Like so many other mixes, I first heard a preview of this one on the video that showed at MAGFest. I was excited the moment I heard it; it was zany, weird, and just all around fun.

Then again, aren't all of ilp0's mixes just as crazy?

Epic job, man! Keep up the good work! :-P

Thanks for nice compliments. It's great to be part of this project.. I just wanted to note that the alto sax player in both my "Echoes" remixes is Assi Rohiola, a fellow earthling and a friend from my neighborhood.

She was left uncredited but I don't think she'll mind. She couldn't care less for VG remixing and probably already forgot that she ever played with me... Very nice playing and easy to record. Big thanks to Assi "first take" Rohiola from me :)

thanks to echoes, I've just about finished the game (first time i've actually gotten to the very end :o) and with the dwarven castle theme stuck in my head, i expected something... er, "special" for the Dwarven castle music.

This is special. In a good way, though. Befitting the quirkiness of the dwarves, and it does some interesting things for yer ears, Lali!

This is an instant classic to me. As of this writing it's got 16 plays in iTunes, and that doesn't count the plays in my car and browser and bla bla. If I keep typing I'll just gush about it, babbling about how much I love it. Let's just say it's one of my favorite remixes out of the thousands I've heard and leave it at that :)

AMAZING WORK!

• 3 months later...

I originally wasn't a fan of this track. Part of it had to do with not being crazy with the source, part of it due to the quirkiness of the mix. The more I listen, though, the more this has grown on me. This really takes that quirkiness and makes it shine because of it. Along with that we have a bunch of genre changes, all with some nice transitions in between, some nice drum work, guitar work, and nice supporting synths. 3:27 is now my favorite moment, and I have no idea why, because it was the part that bothered me the most at first. I'd encourage more people to sit on this one for a bit before they judge it, and I bet it would grow on them as well.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my favorite ilp0 track, hands down. I wasn't really sure what to expect from this track at first, hearing the intro compared with the segment I'd heard from the MAGfest preview, I was kind of confused. But once I listened to it all the way through I realized how genius the whole song was. The way it oscillates between rock and jazz segments is really spectacular.

One of the highlights of Echoes, I think (although, to be fair, there were a lot of them :-P ) ilp0 had always impressed me with his work prior to this but I think this song brought my respect for him to a whole new level!

• 9 months later...

Thunder storm sounding beginning? Ace in my book. I'm going to be honest, not fond of the opening after that, but it picks up REAL quickly with that funky jazzish section followed by rock followed by....well, everything else you can mash into a ReMix to make it sound awesome! Yes, this is one of those "goofy" ReMixes that you have to listen to a couple of times to get, but I finally got it and I love it. ilp0 did fantastic with this. Oh, thunder outro! Score!

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01879 - Final Fantasy IV "In the Land of Dwarves"