Baba O'Riley is such a horrible song

anne amère

and the thought of people listening to it and loving it makes it so much worse (yeah i know this is a FLAWED WAY of looking at it don't care)

so much classic rock is crap especially bands like rush that've played for 70 years and haven't released a SINGLE GOOD SONG

imo if you play/write music for more than like 3 years and can't release a good album or even a good song you should be banned from making music forever

yeah that means no dark side of the moon but oh well there's like 3 good songs on it anyway

what are your thoughts on CLASSIC ROCK

idk it pretty much epitomizes the PSYCHEDELIC mediocrity that was being churned out at the time

let's face it music has ALWAYS been baad and there have only been a few good artists at any time ever

how the hell do people manage to have 500,000 mp3s when there are like maybe 400-500 songs that are actually good

how can there even be 500,000 mp3s in existence????

Rocks have had a huge impact on the cultural and technological advancement of the human race. Rocks have been used by Homo sapiens and other hominids for more than 2 million years. Lithic technology marks some of the oldest and continuously used technologies. The mining of rocks for their metal ore content has been one of the most important factors of human advancement, which has progressed at different rates in different places in part because of the kind of metals available from the rocks of a region.

The prehistory and history of civilization is classified into the Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age. Although the stone age has ended virtually everywhere, rocks continue to be used to construct buildings and infrastructure. When so used, rocks are called dimension stone.

how the hell do people manage to have 500,000 mp3s when there are like maybe 400-500 songs that are actually good

This question seems to assume that if something is bad, people aren't going to listen to it.

I need only point at Kelis' "Milkshake" to demonstrate this theory to be false.

What I would like to know is, in what context were you listening to Baba O'Rly (which it does have to be from now on) to cause such a flare-up of rage. Personally, I can think of only one song to have ever elicited such a reaction. These had to be an awesome set of circumstances. Were there mullets? It doesn't have to be the truth, just tell me there were mullets.

[baba O' Riley is such a horrible song] and the thought of people listening to it and loving it makes it so much worse (yeah i know this is a FLAWED WAY of looking at it don't care)

Okay. So we are supposed to believe you based on an opinion? Come back with facts and try again.

so much classic rock is crap especially bands like rush that've played for 70 years and haven't released a SINGLE GOOD SONG

A big part of music is performing live. While most bands that are considered "Classic Rock" don't write songs any more, people still love to see them perform their music. Look at bands like Operation Ivy who only did one album but to this day are considered a gold standard of punk music. And still others are honored by numerous cover bands because some or all of the members have passed away or moved on to newer projects. Music is ultimately a performance art, and regardless of record sales and downloads and merchandise, a good band is determined by a good show.

imo if you play/write music for more than like 3 years and can't release a good album or even a good song you should be banned from making music forever

Don't forget that music is in some ways a science, and for every successful experiment there have been many, MANY failed ones. No one gets it right the first time every time. Not to mention that you are again stating opinions, not facts, which makes this whole thread that much more pointless.

yeah that means no dark side of the moon but oh well there's like 3 good songs on it anyway

But think of what would have happened to music industry if that album had never been finished. Let's forget that Pink Floyd is an influential force of music and lets pretend that they never reached the popularity that they did. Even if they were some no-name band that just played local gigs, someone would have heard their music and thought they could take what Pink Floyd had done and go further with it. Music (like every art form) constantly imitates itself and mutates into new "sounds" and genres all the time. Even the smallest, crappiest band can have a massive impact on music if the right person gets inspired from them. There are easily thousands of bands that you have never heard of, or who you absolutely hate that have shaped whatever music you listen to. Like I said, no one gets it right the first time. But eventually some one does.

Classic Rock, I feel, does sometimes get off a little easy because it is considered "classic", but that's just my opinion. I'd rather pump some Megadeth through my stereo than The Beatles, but that doesn't mean that Megadeth is any better or worse than The Beatles. It's all opinion and honestly, I'm not sure why I'm still discussing this. You're upset that a song you don't like is popular. GET USED TO IT. Just because it's called the majority does not mean that you will agree with them and their choices.

Look at it this way, at least you know the proper name of the song ;) (I absolutely HATE people who profess their love for the song "Teenage Wasteland". The Who have never written a song called that!)

Ok I have to say I no longer find this thread funny, I find what you have written offends me slightly being a big fan of classic rock.

let's face it music has ALWAYS been baad and there have only been a few good artists at any time ever

This statement right hear begs me to ask the question what are you doing on a music appreciation site if you have no appreciation for music....

Unless this is a joke thread, in which case it is a very bad one....

the beatles are the best i wouldn't care if every other band from that era didn't exist

except maybe uh simon & garfunkel

and the velvet underground

just bc i don't have a zillion mp3s 99% of which i only listen to once doesn't mean i don't APPRECIATE MUSIC

people who list MGMT and THE ARCADE FIRE as their favorite bands lmao

THEY ONLY HAVE ONE ALBUM

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY PUT THEM IN THE SAME LIST AS THE BEATLES