Baba O'Riley is such a horrible song

anne amère

I personally listen to a lot of classic rock, and older rock music in general, so I'd have to disagree with you about it being a 'crappy genre'. Although it's painfully obvious you're more then welcome to have your own meaningless opinion as well though.

Me too. Personally my favorite Who is "The Best I Ever Had".

Hmm... I haven't listened to much of The Who lately but I think my favorite is The Seeker.

I've been searchin' low and hiiiiigh...

God Damn it.

It's this kind of music snobbery that frustrates me. So you don't like one of the Who's most popular songs. That's no reason to attack an entire genre of Music. Clearly Tommy would mean nothing to you.

"So Much Classic Rock is crap"

No. I understand that music, like any artform is subjective, unfortunately the only way for your opinion to be valid is for your musical scope to encompass a wide variety of classic rock before you can put forward such a strong statement.

Pull Your head out of your arse. These are bands that are so important and culturally significant to the world's history and all you can say is that it's crap? At least attempt to appreciate their significance. Doesn't mean you have to like them.

Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Beatles, Robert Zimmerman, The Allman Brothers, Neil Young, Santana, Pink Floyd, Slade, Paul Butterfield, The Who, FUCKING HEAPS. God Damn it go listen to voodoo chile, or Ten Years Gone or Old Man or Tiny Dancer. Because you haven't. I know you haven't.

Dr Roboternook, fuck you, Cerrax has one of the only decent posts in this thread, not because he's might have the same view as me, but because he/she has put forward intelligent thoughtful response.

I agree with this guy ^ but without all the pissed-off-ness. Musicians and music as a whole were way better back in the day. There were still original songs back then. To be fair though, I don't think music really started declining until the mid-90s. There was something to like about every era until then.