OCR01110 - Final Fantasy VII "Sector 7 Hath Wrought the Angel"

djpretzel

Wow. I love it. The original is good, but this is so much better. It doesn't quite match the orchestral version of it, which is by and by far musical perfection. However, this song has officially got me hooked on game remixes. I'm going to go out and give it a 9.5/10, but not if you are looking for good techno or trance--this gets the score for just being damn good.

• 3 weeks later...

... I had no idea that this remix was of Seph's Choir............. I generally tended to think that was incredibly creepy, since they were singing inchoherent gibberish............... This song scares me, though at the same time, I'm impressed. But... Oh yeah! Sephiroth DID hae one wing in his 'Safer' form, hence 'one winged angel....'..........However, I don't think I'll listen to this much, as it sounds really demonic with the choir and it'd give me chills if I listened to it more than once......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm... In my opinion, the original song is more epic than this...

Reasons: It is too techno-based piece than the orginal, and it is not as disturbing as the original piece (disturbing in a way, that you have a odd feeling through the song. Like you would be trapped, without any hope of escape.)

...But it is a good piece, but i do not favor it.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow... Love the Mix!!! It's like my fave. song and you made it COOLER!!! But It still doesn't Compare to the original :wink: Hahaha... But It's HELLUH TIGHT!!! 11/10

hahaha!! people still talk about this mix...! wow... im flattered , really...

now hopefully this will be the last post...

GET OUT THERE AND REVIEW THE MANY BETTER SONGS ON THIS SITE PLEASE KTHXBYE.

• 3 weeks later...

Gewd grief. Judges will poke at anything. Loreena McKinnet's entire plethora of songs would fall apart without the words and voice. So these are digital. Still nice, and expertly melded into the tune itself. Booyah. The background wasn't made to compliment the background, it was made to compliment the voices!

This is the first song I've almost laughed listening to in a while. Don't get me wrong there's nothing bad about it but... I dunno it's just amusing to me what you've done with it. Keeping the atmosphere, tune, words and everything else relatively intact while giving it almost a completely different underlying feel. Do-da-mambo!

I did much enjoy the oboe and the small 'transition' at about the 2:00 mark. That delightful thirty seconds made the song. Actually most thirty second segments after that were wonderful variations too. How you fluidly changed the way stuff sounded precisely every thirty seconds, hell, changed it at all, creates a wonderful tapestry of sound collectively.

A+ in my book. How DARE you try to chase me away from the FF7 section without makin' me listen to your stuff. *cough* :) Great work here, call up Square and demand a job. ^_~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

::Trip:: "OW! What the f...oh...what's this? Hey! This is pretty good!" Yup...that's how it all happened...Actually, I came across this remix through Newgrounds.com. The flash animation "About Random Battles" gave me a glympse into this remixes soul. And after hearing that, I needed more.So, like a succubus...or incubus because I'm male...I found my prey and began to feast relentlessly on it's musical spirit. Not being sedated, I kept going back for more. Congratulations...I can't get enough of this remix...It just keeps charming me in to consume it through my ears... If this remix was chocolate cake, I would be fat...And I would say "screw weight watchers!"

• 2 months later...

While I find this to be an interesting remix, and quite skillfully made, it's almost as if someone took a song that was meant to be epic and sound dengerous, and make a dance song out of it.

Now, One WInged Angel and Techno are great, but while I didn't find Final Fantasy VII as mentally stimulating (visually, of course) as the previous Final Fantasy games, I have to admit that, aside from Kefka, and maybe not even him, Sephiroth is quite evil. Delusional and confused, but evil-y so...

That being said, I also have to say that the original One Winged Angel is one of my favorite songs. I love the looks I get when playing it in my car. People really do look scared. However, I feel as if I'm commiting blasphemy by even listening to this remix. As I said, it's quite skillfully made, but I cannot enjoy it. I like the original way to much.

Also, to be honest, I was glad that remixes of this song, for me at least, have been few and far between. Such is my commitment to the original.

Do keep up the good work, it seems like many many people foudn this to be a good remix.

Also, a side note for Diabolical Dr.Eccles, it is true that the literal translation from Japanese (dispite that it is Latin) to English doesn't make much sense, but, as many people no doubt know, that is true in very many songs that originate in Japan and make their way to the States, or any other place that is not, in fact, Japan. However, with a bit of word play, you can determine what is meant by the lyrics. As I said, this is just a side note.

I will give this remix a 7 out of 10. Even though I didn't not find it to be compatable with my personal tastes, does not mean that it is a poor remix. As I have said, it is quite skillfully made. My own prejudice, however, keeps me from really enjoying it.

~Syruss

[Edited so as to make more sense. 6:59:30 05/26/2005]

Wow... Love the Mix!!! It's like my fave. song and you made it COOLER!!! But It still doesn't Compare to the original :wink: Hahaha... But It's HELLUH TIGHT!!! 11/10

hahaha!! people still talk about this mix...! wow... im flattered , really...

now hopefully this will be the last post...

GET OUT THERE AND REVIEW THE MANY BETTER SONGS ON THIS SITE PLEASE KTHXBYE.

Ditto

• 3 weeks later...

One word. WOW! I am a devout OWA fan, but this blew me away! in responce to your post, trenthian, there are no better remixes! I signed up JUST to post this! You have to be proud to make someone join just to review a song. I give this a litteral 20/10

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01110 - Final Fantasy VII "Sector 7 Hath Wrought the Angel"