NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Man a core piece of the Saturn experience this game was. I can't contribute musically, but I'll definitely be cheering this project on.

When I listen to "Dreams Dreams" I find myself wondering if Pixietricks (correct?) has thought about doing the female vocals.

Man a core piece of the Saturn experience this game was. I can't contribute musically, but I'll definitely be cheering this project on.

When I listen to "Dreams Dreams" I find myself wondering if Pixietricks (correct?) has thought about doing the female vocals.

That actually would be awesome to hear but IMO, Ashley Tisdale (IIRC) didn't do too bad on the song in Journey of Dreams.

I think that's a version with her singing in it, despite my hate for the girl :-P.

Ashley Tisdale? Why does that name sound familiar? Additionally that is indeed a nice version of the song.

I agree its a nice version, which is why I'm more than glad Ashley Tisdale doesn't sing it.

You probably know her from something... *coughHighSchoolMusicalhackcough*

Anyways, the actual singer is Jasmine Ann Allen. :-P

I agree its a nice version, which is why I'm more than glad Ashley Tisdale doesn't sing it.

You probably know her from something... *coughHighSchoolMusicalhackcough*

Anyways, the actual singer is Jasmine Ann Allen. :-P

Whoo good call haha. I remember hearing Ashley's name in relation to "Dreams Dreams" from some website, but wasn't sure if that was her or not.

All the different vocal performances of the song are pretty outstanding. The only one I have a love/hate relationship with is the acapella version from Christmas NiGHTs/Bonus, which I really have to be in the mood for.

Oh, and I was pushed into overdrive last night by a really good WIP by ProtoDome. That's officially the first WIP, and his prize is...nothing. Well, nothing except the awesome work thus far. So even if there's months before a deadline, doesn't mean work shouldn't start if it's possible :razz:

And before anyone gets on my case, yes, I am working on *insert any one of the eleven mixes I'm currently doing* for you. (This includes you, The Damned, Rozovian, Prophet, etc.!) hehe.

just go ahead and give me NiGHTs and Reala ~Theme of a Tragedic Revenge~

o wait some other d00d asked for it

Luke is willing to share though :)

Yeah, but I'm still waiting for him to PM me/get in contact again (he said his internet's off til next week). Your name is on it, next to his, so talk with him if you want or just go ahead on your own. Wow, might end up with three NiGHTs/Reala mixes...intense. Hopefully that isn't overkill!

Personal note: it feels extremely weird to be at the gym listening to a song like Paternal Horn while working out, but it beats the shit out of the jock-jams-esque music they have on the speakers.

jock jams = zircon's favorite music.

edit: i registered over at KNGI. mod powers plz kthnx

a) zircon just vomited cause you said that, I hope you're happy. You made zircon vomit on his honeymoon.

B) are you "the prophet of mephisto" or just "prophet", I am confused. I am error.

Random idea: If this will be two dics, I was thinking maybe there could be a "NiGHTs - Dreamers" disc, which all the orchestral, light techno, easy vocal mixes etc., and a "Reala - Nightmares" disc with all the kickass rock and heavier stuff. Depends on what is turned in, but it would probably be nice to have mood-suited music divisions. Just a thought.

C'mon, peoples, this soundtrack is good!!! :-P

And no, I don't feel bad doing shameless promotions. :<

While you're looking at this, feel free to get a ShamWow! It's like a shammy, it's like a tow- *thwack*

Oof.

I friggin' hate the ShamWow guy. On another note, just wondering how many people have actually played the either NiGHTs into Dreams or the Wii's NiGHTs: Journey into dreams?

i played the wii version, and besides that the music and graphics, I found it to be lacking. The art was great, but the difficulty level was very spiky, and it wasn't that much fun for any of us.

Yeah, I remember the creator saying they wouldn't make another unless they improved the way the game was played (different method of controls was implied) as opposed to just doing a big redux of the original. Ironically, the PS2 remake came out (Japan only, *sigh*), and the sequel on Wii, which I can understand would qualify as changing the way it's played. It's a shame about the Wii version's difficulty, especially since it's the only NiGHTs a lot of people younger than us possibly know.

Don't lie you liked the happy music! :-P

Stevo approve me on ur forumz dude! :sleepdepriv:

I don't think he was implying he disliked the music, you sleep-deprived sexyman! And you are approved, my friend.

Yes, I'm double-posting, because (as soon as my hand recovers) I wanted to know if anyone's down for a collab on Paternal Horn. I'm thinking either smooth lounge jazz (a chance for me to break away from the distorted-to-oblivion guitars and open up my approaches to style) or chirpy pop-techo-rock.

Oh, and just some general updates: I've received updated WIPs from ProtoDome and HitoriJaNai, which are progressing nicely. About half the song-list has been claimed and I've personally been slowly progressing on my stuff. As things are wrapping up with a number of other projects, I'm hoping this can be kicked into gear between now and the end of Summer. Blahblahblah...:tomatoface:

Looks good mang, things are looking good here methinks. I've got an idea of what style I'd like to do my song in. I'd like to keep the details and the WIP private until the release though, so perhaps I'll talk to you sometime about it on irc. As for the art, well, I've got a new computer which has an extremely tiny screen. I've got to consider installing CS4 on the larger computer. :)

Brandon

P.S. I didn't realize this was going to be dragged out until 2011.. You might still be collecting WIPs after my funeral. :P

I know this will be a useless post but...

I remember playing this at stores like Sears and Fred Meyer's when this came out back in 1996. I loved it.

Haven't played it since though. Only had a Genesis and CD till Dreamcast. That's all I had from Nov. 1994 till Sept. 1999 was a Genesis and Sega CD.