NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Whoa, dang, if I wasn't absorbed in projects already, I would LOVE to participate in this. NiGHTS is one of my favorite games of all time, and that's partly thanks to the music! :)

Although, the deadlines are very doable. I can definitely fit the WIPs in the schedule. I think I'm interested in "Message in Nightopia" for now, since I have a few good ideas for that one. Heck, maybe I'll start on it now! :)

Why does it have to last until 2011? Surely people can make songs faster than that... I don't even want to wait until 2011 for the new Harry Potter movies. Come on, they're probably done already. :P

There are a lot of reasons why this has such seemingly-extended deadlines. 1) There are way more than just a handful of projects going on at the same time, and more are getting started all the time, so in order to keep the pressure down and allow some of the busier-but-also-mega-talented-people to contribute. 2) Including the reason mentioned previously, I'd like to not sacrifice quality for and earlier release time. 3) Projects normally go through many phases of existence. Many start with ambitious deadlines and, many project coordinators will tell you, that deadlines almost always change at some point. This kind of semi-lax schedule will also go through that almost-definite change later on, but this allows sufficient time for things to be done properly. 4) The timeline allows the release date itself to be significant. FF4 project was released in-between when the remake came out on the DS and Wii-ware continuation came out. Whether or not that was completely intentional, it was definitely beneficial as interest in it was higher, etc. The NiGHTs projected timeline shoots for a release on or around the 15th aniversary of the original game's release.

So...there ya go. Don't let that stop you from getting progress done on yours now. Quite the opposite, the sooner your progress and WIP submission the better so that we can evaluate and give recommendations if it passes the preliminary quality bar. :-o

Knowing anything about projects, 2011 sounds like a realistic timeframe.

Yeah, what he said. :nicework:

I think I'm interested in "Message in Nightopia" for now, since I have a few good ideas for that one. Heck, maybe I'll start on it now! :)

Sure thing. Yeah, everyone's got a ton on their plate but definitely get a WIP in so we can see what you have in mind!

Also, did you really have to make the WIP color yellow Stevo? It blinds my eyes :-( and is racist

fixed and fixed. It's now ugly orange.

Okay, an idea hit me this morning, and I can say that my entry is currently in WIP status! :]

Bahamut sent me a link, and i really enjoyed it. Head over to our NiGHTs forums and sign up and we'll get your WIP status in then :)

Fuck yes.

I'll take Paternal Horn!!! Been waiting for a Night's remix project for ages.

I'd also love to do an alternate version of Dreams Dreams... ironically been a dream of mine for a LONG time :D

You'll have claimed status on Paternal Horn until a WIP is in. Oh, and a side-note: paternal horn is one of my favorite tracks from the OST so your version will have some high standards to beat in my book :-o Looking forward to what you'll do with it. Also yes, you can do an alt of Dreams Dreams with your karaoke peoples. I'm quite excited to hear how that will sound as well! Between you and me, I used to sing Dreams Dreams in middle school at the back of the bus, and it is totally responsible for me not having any friends for two years :nicework:

Marked you down, waiting to hear from Stevo when he's not drunk about his thoughts on an alternate version.

I deserved every drink I had last night.

Oh, just a question. We aren't doing anything from Christmas NiGHTS, are we?

I had been entertaining this possibility at first and decided against it for now, at least until all the other NiGHTs tracks are taken. I'd much rather have the entire first OST included than miss a few tracks and include more from Christmas NiGHTs. If we have time after all the other tracks have been claimed and have some work done on them, we'll talk, but I'll keep any pre-dibs on tracks in mind just incase it comes to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my thoughts:

1) a bit small and low-res. I think something around the size of the FF4 banners was what I had in mind

2) NiGHTs doesn't kind of look like NiGHTs (In fact, it kind of looks like the shadow of VIOLA from Zone of the Enders if I'm thinking of the right thing).

3) It just says a NiGHTs project remixer. I would much rather have a banner that doesn't require one to be a project musician to have it posted in their sig. I'd want something that members of the project and fans as well can use.

Hold off on your art for now, Oinkness. I'll get back to you.