NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Done. Now get started on that WIP :nicework: Thanks for taking interest!

Edit: It just hit me: This year, FF4 project was released in July, around the time of Otakon. Depending on when Otakon is, and as long as the project is released on or around the projected release date...I just may have to throw another listening party like I did for FF4. That would be ridiculous, if all the piece just fell into place and not only was the project successfully released then but at the listening party I can guarentee* there wont be any naked people busting in at the end!

*note: not a guarentee.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to welcome VocalMime on, as he has claimed Deep it lies. Only a few tracks left, and some updates about the project should be on the way as Fall arrives.

Also, I would LOVE Omnisphere. Sadly, I don't have that kind of scratch to spend on something I'd not fully utilize since I'm guitar-centric :-P

Edit: Prophet, looks like there may not be many leftovers you'd have/need to take. Quite exciting, quite.

Double-posting because news has happened: another song has been taken, only two songs left open. bLiNd has picked up D'Force Master, and will no doubt do something ridiculous with it, as is par for the course for him. We welcome him aboard!

Incredible..simply incredible how many people have decided to try and take part in this project. I'm looking forward to December 1st a lot more now!

Edit: And HOLY CRAP! No sooner did I make this post that Escariot asked if her could have E-LE-KI Sparkle! So, now we only have one track left, which I could do without mixing (I know its short and probably hard to arrange but I'll still leave it open if someone wants it). Let's see what he does with it!

Looks like active recruiting is nearly done.

Double-posting because news has happened: another song has been taken, only two songs left open. bLiNd has picked up D'Force Master, and will no doubt do something ridiculous with it, as is par for the course for him. We welcome him aboard!

Incredible..simply incredible how many people have decided to try and take part in this project. I'm looking forward to December 1st a lot more now!

Hah! KISS MY ASS, I HELPED YOU CONVINCE HIM. >.>

jk. lol I don't care. I promise for sure by Dec. 1st he'll give you a done track.

Hahahahaha... I don't know who came up with the whip concept..Jordan or Jewbei...but it sure fits. lol

And I read that Bahamut is the co-director to this thing?! Wtf?!

All beware Jade's whip of remixing fury. Run, while you still can, before she ensares you in her deadlines too! RUN!!! :nicework:

Yeah, I asked if he would be willing to help and, after he helped get it underway, I asked if he wanted to be a co-director. I know eh's a busy guy and doesn't afraid of anything, but I'm trying to make it the least of his worries as possible, and fun for him too, I hope! But don't forget Prophet of Mephisto, he's a co-director too. It was mine and his idea to have NiGHTs project to begin with. I had just re-gotten the soundtrack and were listening to it to-and-from MAGfest 6, and talked about doing a song or two...or three...so he's part of the reason I even considered making it a project.

All beware Jade's whip of remixing fury. Run, while you still can, before she ensares you in her deadlines too! RUN!!! :nicework:

Musashi122784: Lol word i woke up and was like i gotta do this then a bubble appeared over my head with you saying GET TO WORK lol

JaDE ARaN HaRuNo: ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There you have it, proof that it works.

NOW GET TO WORK PEOPLE!

• 2 weeks later...
Can I say I hate you for having John Revoredo, Audio Fidelity and José the Bronx Rican? BAH!

:tomatoface:

Hate me when I have WIPs from them. :nicework: I'm sending out reminders to everyone sometime this week, just in case they don't check this thread...or the NiGHTS forums (if they've even registered for it yet). There's a few I have yet to hear from since their initial interest that don't have the background on OCR like some of the others, but I'm hoping no tracks are getting dropped. *crosses fingers* And don't get me started on who to hate for having who on their project!

So some news on the project:

1) There were blog posts over on Sega Europe and Sega America Blogs about NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming and OCReMix. They were a result of my asking the NiGHTSintodreams.com forum people for some help with a big vocal arrangement I'm working on for the project, and apparently things worked out in such a way to result in the blog posts. It was pretty crazy. Needless to say, that arrangement will end up with more-than-enough vocal parts by the time their submission cutoff date is. :-o

2) WIP 1 deadline is slowly drawing closer, so mixers, your inboxes will get a friendly reminder sometime over the weekend to "encourage some progress" and refresh your memory on the dates. :razz:

3) Two-three potential artists and one potential web designer on board at the moment, just either waiting for their responses, first pieces of work, or for more information. :nicework:

4) Yes, I will end every numbered entry with some kind of Smilie..except this one.

If anyone has questions about deadlines or anything, please send me a message. If you're thinking of dropping your track, I'ma use my puppy-eyes on you :puppyeyes:

Hey Lvl99. I will claim Fragmented Nights, the final unclaimed track, in addition to Gate of your Dreams. It won't be some long thing though as the source is just 40 seconds, it will just be a project song -- wouldn't pass ocr judges due to length. If you're cool with that, let me know. ;)

For some reason I thought I had so much more time left before first wips were due. Oh well. I will get one or two to you asap. I've got a couple things on my plate first. :-)

Hey Lvl99. I will claim Fragmented Nights, the final unclaimed track, in addition to Gate of your Dreams. It won't be some long thing though as the source is just 40 seconds, it will just be a project song -- wouldn't pass ocr judges due to length. If you're cool with that, let me know. ;)

For some reason I thought I had so much more time left before first wips were due. Oh well. I will get one or two to you asap. I've got a couple things on my plate first. :-)

I'll think about letting you claim a second track after you get in a WIP for your first one. You're admitting that you already have a couple other things on your plate, so why are you opting for a second track before I see work on the first? And people can do a lot with 40 seconds of source. I wouldn't want the track done just to get it done, as that wouldn't even give the track feeling, especially at a short source length.

I'll think about letting you claim a second track after you get in a WIP for your first one. You're admitting that you already have a couple other things on your plate, so why are you opting for a second track before I see work on the first? And people can do a lot with 40 seconds of source. I wouldn't want the track done just to get it done, as that wouldn't even give the track feeling, especially at a short source length.

Well you gotta be careful not to spread it like too less butter over a big piece of bread. Know what I mean? :)

I've got a couple things on my plate but I'm not like Obama. I'm actually going to do stuff. I'm actually starting official "sound" work on my first NiGHTS WIP tonight. I'm not sure what will result from this, I guess it depends on how lucky I am with getting inspirational tones. Nothing stints inspirado faster than a lack of rock-it sauce.

I figured you trusted me enough musically to let me claim the second track but meh, apparently not... just trying to help. ;p

Well you gotta be careful not to spread it like too less butter over a big piece of bread. Know what I mean? :)

I've got a couple things on my plate but I'm not like Obama. I'm actually going to do stuff. I'm actually starting official "sound" work on my first NiGHTS WIP tonight. I'm not sure what will result from this, I guess it depends on how lucky I am with getting inspirational tones. Nothing stints inspirado faster than a lack of rock-it sauce.

I figured you trusted me enough musically to let me claim the second track but meh, apparently not... just trying to help. ;p

I'm going to just say this - talk is cheap. Prove you can handle the workload at a suitable quality level, and then we'll see what happens.