NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Wes is right. I won't go into the matter any further than that at the moment.

That being said, I received your file last this morning and will listen when I get the chance.

After hearing my song, is my talk less cheap? I'm just wondering. I mean to say after hearing it would you have considered letting me make the last open track. Purely out of my curiosity I am asking this, as we've talked about the track and you know how I feel about how confusing it would be to do. ;)

After hearing my song, is my talk less cheap? I'm just wondering. I mean to say after hearing it would you have considered letting me make the last open track. Purely out of my curiosity I am asking this, as we've talked about the track and you know how I feel about how confusing it would be to do. ;)

Your talk is much less cheap now that you have the WIP in for sure, but don't let it go to your head, lol. I would still refrain from letting you do the last track, simply because I now have some idea of what to do with it and who will get it. It's still listed as open for the moment, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little bump seeing as there's a little over 2 weeks before first WIPs are supposed to get in. Also, a small update for any people doing songs that haven't yet or aren't going to sign up on our private forums:

I am planning on a lossless release along with MP3. So once you finish your song, please send me a WAV. You can also send an MP3 as well, for preview purposes, but for the final release, I will be encoding all the MP3s myself from the WAV files. I need the WAV to change song statuses to complete. I know for many of you, the final versions of the songs are probably ways away, but better to know what to expect now.

Once December 1st hits, expect activity to ramp up for a little while. There are a few things within the project that ask for assistance from as many of the remixers as possible. All of that information will be available by December 1st on the private forums if it isn't already available now, or via PM.

I've been busy the last couple of weeks but it should let up a little soon and give me some breathing room, especially once I teach Brushfire how to edit the OCAD podcasts himself :-P

• 2 weeks later...

One week left for your first WIPs, folks. Oinkness got a final WAV in for his song, so his is the first to be finished. I never thought someone would have a final track before the first WIP date, but hey, why fight it? Thanks for his participation!

Once his school year wraps up, Prophet of Mephisto will be taking a more active roll as a co-assistant director. Happy to know your semester of teaching hasn't killed your motivation, man.

Keep up the good work, folks.

One week left for your first WIPs, folks. Oinkness got a final WAV in for his song, so his is the first to be finished. I never thought someone would have a final track before the first WIP date, but hey, why fight it? Thanks for his participation!

Once his school year wraps up, Prophet of Mephisto will be taking a more active roll as a co-assistant director. Happy to know your semester of teaching hasn't killed your motivation, man.

Keep up the good work, folks.

You never thought? You hounded me for that final WAV for weeks, hehe. And now I've got a brand new set of bongos and a tamborine, and a drum kit, but the song is already done... made with a leather-coated coffee can and wedding bells scratched together, and maracas. :P

Heh well at least you know the NiGHTS-love is more-than-shared, even if I did beat you to it. The first WIP deadline is coming up, and some mixes may be dropped as that passes (though I really hope not). You may yet still get a chance to get in on this, and just because a project is going for NiGHTS shouldn't deter you from coming up with your own mix for it in the mean-time. Thanks for the support regardless!

Heh well at least you know the NiGHTS-love is more-than-shared, even if I did beat you to it. The first WIP deadline is coming up, and some mixes may be dropped as that passes (though I really hope not). You may yet still get a chance to get in on this, and just because a project is going for NiGHTS shouldn't deter you from coming up with your own mix for it in the mean-time. Thanks for the support regardless!

Hmmm... I'll have to keep that in mind... I'm still learning instrumentation and all that though so I gotta get on it. I have an idea I wanna bounce off a few people though so if anyone is interested in it do shout me a PM. I want to be apart of this in some way.

I don't think there are any besides our internal forums, which is access-only for the mixers and staff. There's a small thread going on over at the NiGHTSintodreams.com forums, but that's mostly just so I can keep the fans over there up-to-date on project stuff. They've been pretty critical in getting this thing moving.

Don't worry, I'll get you an update soon enough, once the deadline passes.

*DING DING DING*

Today's the day, folks. WIP1's deadline. I've already talked to a few people about extensions on theirs, but if you haven't sent one in yet or talked about an extension, expect a deadly-poisonous PM-monster from Bahamut after today, giving you the friendly-ol' nudge and asking "so....you come here ofte- I mean, how's the WIP coming?"

And to all of you that got me WIPs or informed me you might need a little extra time: a big THANK YOU!

You should have made everyone turn in their final wavs when I did. :P

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take months to make 1 song, even if people are extremely busy. ;)

Alright look: you've said stuff like this quite enough. I don't care who you are or how fast you can get it done, but those kind of timelines don't work for everyone. And for some people it does, in fact, take months, and for this project I've designed it especially out of respect for the musicians who have their hands in multiple things and still try to live daily lives with jobs, a social life, and other commitments. I appreciate you doing a song for the project, and am glad you got the wav in after it was done so that there is no chance of your project file getting corrupted and the master being lost, but please make no more comments like this. It's actually a little offensive and starting to get on my nerves.

Sorry if this is snapping, but you've said this too many times for it to be funny anymore.

I didn't realize it was supposed to be funny.

if you have nothing going on in your life, it's easy to finish songs quickly. i did my first track for link's awakening in three weeks, and i did the track for zircon's FF7 compo in thirteen hours (eight minutes of saxophone quintet, written, recorded, mastered, and uploaded). i wrote eighty minutes of game soundtrack - original work - in four months. honestly, who gives a shit? remixing isn't a job. the minute it becomes one, i'm going to stop. i have music from 2005 waiting to be released because of projects. big deal. i want to get noticed, i do other stuff. projects are a longevity thing.

people take time because everyone works creatively at a different pace. you can say that kind of annoying crap about how slow we all are all you want, but you won't understand until you actually run a project and you have no one on it because you pushed too hard to finish. you'll hurt your sphincter if you do that. people need time to sleep, to eat, to relax - sometimes you can just sit down and work for eight hours and it's done, but most people can't do that in one shot. that's just how it is - suck it up and deal with it. i wouldn't be surprised if stevo kicks your track if you keep complaining about being done early, so that you can just release it and enrich us all.