NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

I also had a dream you gave me a finished track.

Where is it? :tomatoface:

Asking about finished tracks? From my mixers? In MY project thread? I'LL HAVE NONE OF THIS! HUTTAH!

Ahhh...F^(& it, I'll just say it here and then send out some PMs.

There's a melody found in many of the tracks in the NiGHTS Soundtrack. Since I'm no good with theory, I'll just reference the notes and give some examples of where you can find it. I think the progression is in any major chord, and goes 4-5-8, 4-5-1 (sometimes it's 4-5-8, 4-5-2). The first six melody notes in Message from Nightopia, it's present in Dreams Dreams ("In the night, dream delight"), it's in Growing Wings, the tail end of NiGHTS and Reala, and...well, you get the picture.

For all songs not already incorporating it, I would like you all to try to get that NiGHTS melody in there somewhere. If it's already in there, don't worry. If you can't figure out a way to get it in there no matter how hard you try, I'll accept that. We have a few months to go before the next WIP date, but I'm going to start wrapping up my own tracks on this project relatively soon to give more time to other things like the administration side of directing this project. Good luck, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Preventing a double-post right now. We now have two tracks open for claiming, though one might not be open for long:

If you want to jump on The Mantle, now's your chance. This one might be gone in a little while! It has sexy saxophone...so take a listen!

Escariot had to, unfortunately, drop his claim for E-LE-KI Sparkle due to some collaboration compliations. The track is now open for claiming.

We're pushing slowly, and starting to see some of the final art take form. We have a good pace right now, and I expect some tracks to be finished by WIP2's deadline (mostly my own), as well as most of the WIPs to be completely in.

*trudge trudge trudge*

2-24: Update! Cyril the Wolf has made a tentative claim on E-LE-KI Sparkle. He says he's going to do "something weird" with it. I half-love that, and am half-scared by it.

The Mantle is still publicly open but something special is currently being internally arranged as a possibility. GO, NiGHTS, GO!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunate announcement: bLiNd has needed to drop his claim on D'Force Master. So that track is now open to any claims, and I will be aggressively seeking people to fill it if it isn't claimed in about a week. Still, we push on. Good luck, Jordan, in all your endeavors! Speaking of, y'all should be on the lookout as I have been collaborating with him on an original track that will soon be completed. It's pretty boss, no pun intended!

Keep dreaming until the next WIP deadline, folks. Unless you're a mixer, in which case, you are allowed to dream after you get your updated version in ;-)

Hey folks! Due to unfortunate circumstances, we now have one definitive track open on the NiGHTS: Into Dreams ReMixing project - NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming.

The track of D'Force Master (the final boss theme) is open for claiming. Claims are tentative until given a WIP, and WIPs should be given as soon as possible. If you're interested, reply here or send me a private message about it. Check the thread for rough guidelines about songs and the project.

Also, if anyone's interested in doing a spot of art, send me some samples and I'll look them over. We currently have some artists on-staff but are open for some more since, ideally, every track would have a piece of art made for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We're still alive and well. I think. We've reached the "quiet" stage of the project, where people are either busy working quietly, a-la standardized testing at public school, or hiding from me in caves, a-la standardized testing at public school.

Oh well, guess I should enjoy the quiet while I have it.

Last week was "pure music" week for me, and I've been progressing. I surprised myself with some interesting chord progressions, and I've found a good brush kit sound. I like where my track is going.

Last week was "pure music" week for me, and I've been progressing. I surprised myself with some interesting chord progressions, and I've found a good brush kit sound. I like where my track is going.

:o Awesome. I'm excited for it.

Also, I'm going to find an old Kung-Fu movie and autotune the dialog. Just for you, Josie. Just for you.

Everyone else: GET BACK TO WORK ^_^

Edit: AS YOU CAN SEE I MY SIG, we have a project sig banner now. Feel free to copy and use in your own sig. If you have any questions on HOW to do that, let me know! THANK YOU, JOF!